Monday, December 03, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Two of the Same

    We all live under the same sky,
    but we don't all have the same horizon.
    -Voltaire

    After a whole month of blogging, I feel as if I have so much to catch up on after taking only two days off. I also had quite the productive knitting weekend. There was some knitting group, some nice long phone calls, and Harry Potter on TV. Delightful.

    Mostly. I did do a bit more knitting than I exactly have to show here. Why is that you may ask? The photo on the right isn't entirely clear, so let me orient you. On the top is half of the right side of the cardigan, with buttonholes, just before the armhole and neck shaping. Underneath is the "finished" er, right, front of the cardigan.

    Oops. Two of the same. Momentarily distressed, I pushed forward. With the buttonholes there was no way to make the new right the left, so I frogged the first half back to the armhole shaping and knit them both up together. Lots of denim knitting. My hands might be permanently dyed indigo.

    There's another lesson in here - at least for me. In another knitting time and another knitting place, I might have temporarily abandoned this project. Right now, I can't really. I have very few projects on the needles right now, and my Clean Slate by 2008 goals keep me from starting too many more. So I kept at it. The lesson? That I get my projects done way faster if I have fewer of them. Not one, mind you, just fewer.

    This is all taking shape into some Grand Plans for 2008. Details to follow. In the meantime, try to make one of each pattern piece. Sheesh.

    Labels: ,

    9 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Somehow this makes me feel slightly better given my boneheaded inability to follow directions over the weekend :)

    12/03/2007 10:00 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Big plans, eh? Can't wait!

    12/03/2007 3:36 PM  
    Blogger Nikki said...

    Ooh, 2008 sounds exciting. :)

    Got your fabulous package today. THANK YOU! It's all wonderful!!

    12/03/2007 6:14 PM  
    Blogger Turtle said...

    Lol, our 2008 goals....to be even more organized! :)

    12/03/2007 8:08 PM  
    Blogger Karen said...

    Ouch, that hurts. Good for you for not abandoning it though. Love the Clean Slate by 2008 goal - I can't finish my stuff by the end of the year, but I'll play Clean Slate IN 2008. :)

    12/04/2007 5:31 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I did that with mittens the other day.

    12/04/2007 5:52 AM  
    Blogger Vicki said...

    I totally understand. I don't have the concentration to work on more than one thing at once, and even though I have less time to knit, I'm managing to finish things. Craziness!

    12/04/2007 8:18 AM  
    Blogger jennie said...

    wow. I find your clean slate by 2008 goal so inspiring. I wish I could do the same, but I recognize that it is impossible. Maybe clean slate by the END of 2008? Maybe... :)

    12/04/2007 9:05 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I've done similar things before when sewing. It's so easy to do! Despite the setbacks, it does look beautiful. I need to try and knit more period. Falling asleep at 8:30 pm is not conducive to getting a lot done. ;)

    12/05/2007 12:39 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home