Saturday, December 22, 2007

  • Main Page
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas

    I'll be home for Christmas.
    -Walter Kent, sung by Bing Crosby

    I'm feeling very festive this weekend. A number of events conspired.

    1. My husband came home for Christmas.
    2. I just learned that Monday is a federal holiday, and I got off. That means a 4 day weekend from one of my hardest residency months (ER consultant).
    3. We're taking advantage of the time and taking a mini road-trip up to Solvang. Tell me that doesn't look fun! (There's even a yarn shop.)
    4. Rebecca's Ornament Tag
    My mother-in-law sent us a bunch of these quilted squares. I really need to get better on the sewing machine . . .
    Mini-mittens I made a while ago. Can you guess the yarn? My first attempt at the circle ornaments from Handknit Holidays. I misread the directions, but I like how this one turned out anyway. And an old favorite, an ornament my mom made before I can remember not having it.

    So, play along with the tag:
    Do you have a favorite Christmas ornament relevant to our knitting hobby? Would you like to play ornament tag? If you do, here is how you play:
    1. Take a picture of your ornament and put it on your blog telling us about it.
    2. Post a link to the person on whom’s blog you found out about Ornament Tag.
    3. Post the rules.

    And, before we know it, there will be knitting ornaments to treat all of our knitting eyes all over knitting blogland!

    Labels: ,

    7 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have no knitting ornaments to show and I gave away all my sewn ones last year as gifts. But I DO have that SAME Raggedy Ann ornament from when I was little. My brother has Raggedy Andy. How funny to see it on someone elses blog! :-)

    12/22/2007 5:51 AM  
    Blogger sloth-knits said...

    Congratulations on having the extra day off! That's huge. I hope you get to have a good celebration!

    12/22/2007 6:09 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    I have no knitting ornaments on my tree, believe it or not. Have fun in Solvang. When my husband was stationed at Vandenberg Air Force Base, that was one of our favorite side trips. We spend many happy hours there - have a great time. So glad hubby is home.

    12/22/2007 6:52 AM  
    Blogger Hege said...

    I love your ornaments. My ornaments are mostly store bought, but I have made many of the traditional paper hearts which you will see a lot of in Solvang. Enjoy your holidays! I am originally Norwegian, so I clicked on the Solvang shopping link and checked out what kinds of goodies they were offering there. A good resource to learn about :)

    12/22/2007 6:58 AM  
    Blogger Charleen said...

    Enjoy your trip and your time with your husband! You'll want to stop by the Village Spinning & Weaving shop. I've never been there but I"ve done lots of shopping there - including my Lendrum Saxony!

    12/22/2007 7:43 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Merry Christmas, Theresa! Enjoy the time with your hubby! And, love the teeny mitten ornaments!

    12/24/2007 8:07 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I would love to play ornament tag, but may do "crafting" rather than knitting as my theme. Enjoy the time off! I know we are making huge progress unpacking (between social events, of course).

    12/26/2007 8:45 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home