Friday, December 01, 2006

  • Main Page
  • A Stash Success Story

    When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping.
    Men invade another country.
    It's a whole different way of thinking.
    -Elayne Boosler


    And now, for some non-secret Christmas knitting. Remember the Christmas facecloths? Remember how much I love Rachel? Remember my frustration at the never-shrinking stash? Remember my struggles about good gifts for men I don't know all that well? (Well, OK, I didn't blog about that. But you get it, right?)

    All my problems are solved: The Manly Facecloth. To be gifted with Manly Soap.Rachel assures me that rugged cotton in rugged patterns with rugged soap is Very Manly. I believe her. She has great taste.Again, I'll do a little FO post when all of them are assembled (er, finished). But this used a random skein of Mission Falls 1824 cotton that had been sitting in my stash for at least 4 years after a brief ill-fated swatching episode. That's one line off the spreadsheet . . . and one line off my Christmas list.

    9 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a fantastic idea!

    12/01/2006 12:57 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    I'm so jealous that you're using stash for your gifts. I just seem to keep buying yarn for my gifts, but I keep telling myself that it's going right back out. Myself isn't convinced.

    12/01/2006 4:30 PM  
    Blogger Carole Knits said...

    I think a manly face cloth is a great idea.

    12/01/2006 4:36 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    I love the manly facecloth. I am making facecloths for all the girls in my cohort and was at a loss to what to make for the three guys. That stitch is perfect!

    12/02/2006 1:15 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very sneaky of you to set this up so that it's my fault if the facecloths go over like a lead balloon. :P

    I think there's not a lot of chance of that happening, though. They look really great, and Mission Falls cotton is a perfect yarn choice!

    12/02/2006 2:20 PM  
    Blogger Abigail said...

    My manly hubby likes your idea and I see a few of these in my future.

    What pattern did you use?

    12/02/2006 3:17 PM  
    Blogger Dana Marie said...

    I love that quote! I indulged in chocolate yesterday!

    12/03/2006 10:19 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Manly, yes, but I like them too.

    12/04/2006 7:45 PM  
    Blogger Bonnie said...

    Very manly and attractive, too! Wonder if George Cloony has one???

    12/09/2006 5:36 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home