Thursday, November 02, 2006

  • Main Page
  • The Gifts

    The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.
    -Emile Zola


    The Christmas knitting rush is beginning. Have you seen how many gifts some people are knitting? Since I'm in the middle of a massive gift, I was going to foreswear all Christmas knitting. I made some large projects last year and that was going to be it. But you know what they say about the best laid plans, right?

    It turns out that I have the occasion to make a few small gifts. And I had some lonesome skeins of linen sitting around looking bored. And I needed to continue my month-by-month knitting book plan. Knitter's Stash was next up on the list. So I knit a facecloth.
    Full details to follow. Because I'm actually knitting three of them. Or maybe six.

    12 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Much prettier than any store bought face cloth. I think I have that book. Now I just need to shop for some linen...

    11/02/2006 8:09 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Oooh - pretty!

    11/02/2006 8:49 PM  
    Blogger Brandie said...

    Oh, those are darling! Very nice =)

    11/02/2006 9:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, what a cool monthly knitting book idea! Great idea!

    11/02/2006 10:30 PM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    That's the prettiest face cloth I've seen. I would used it as a doily or something to cover my bread rolls at a fancy dinner!

    11/03/2006 3:43 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, what a pretty face cloth this is, the yarn you've been using for it seems to be just perfect for it! Great pattern!

    11/03/2006 5:02 AM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    Your Christmas plans sound like my Christmas plans...I was only going to make one large gift for someone, but somehow several hats, pedicure socks and eye pillows jumped on board! I'm pretty sure that this 'sickness' could be added to the medical books someplace.

    11/03/2006 9:23 AM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    I've decided that since none of my family members actually seem to like my handknit gifts all that much, I'm knitting for myself this Christmas. Right now I'm working on Christmas tree ornaments and garlands.

    I may be making soaps, candles and chutnies however.

    11/03/2006 9:25 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lace in linen looks so delightfully crisp. Great gift. I've recently become taken with the idea of a lacy linen shrug. Oh yeah, like I wear shrugs... but I don't care. And let me tell you, the linen facecloth is NOT helping to quell this little obsession.
    -Katherine, the non-Blogger-member

    11/03/2006 9:42 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, that's so pretty! I am so not looking at anyone's knitting plans. At this rate, I couldn't finish dishcloths for everyone on my list.

    11/03/2006 12:20 PM  
    Blogger sheep#100 said...

    Nice!

    11/07/2006 10:42 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's a beautiful facecloth -- I think it will make a wonderful and special gift (or 6). I like that lace pattern a lot.

    11/11/2006 2:56 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home