Sunday, October 29, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Ninety-Nine Bottles

    Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall,
    Ninety-nine bottles of beer . . .
    Take one down and pass it around . . .
    Ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall.
    -Schoolbuses across the country

    Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Knitters Around the World -

    Allow me to proudly present, my 99th pair of socks:

    Falling Leaves Socks
    Pattern: Falling Leaves from Knitty (by a San Diego knitter!)
    Yarn: Koigu. I was lucky enough to meet up with Wendy before I left Philadelphia, and she took me to the most wonderful store full of Koigu.
    Needles: Brittany Birch US2 dpns.
    Notes: I originally cast on for the pattern-suggested 72 stitches with US1s, but I didn't love the way the yarn was pooling and I realized that I find Koigu more comfortable at a slightly looser gauge. I just like it on US2s. So I switched. I also switched to a top-down, heel-flap construction. And for all of you wondering about the eye-of-partridge heel flap, check out a tutorial here.
    Best Thing About This Pattern: A Toss-Up: Discovering all those great sock patterns in the contest; and My little slice of autumn.

    14 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    Yay for 99! Which ones will be 100?????

    10/29/2006 8:25 AM  
    Blogger sheep#100 said...

    99?! wow!

    10/29/2006 8:26 AM  
    Blogger Carole Knits said...

    they are beautiful! Are you going to do something special for the 100th pair?

    10/29/2006 9:44 AM  
    Blogger jennie said...

    lovely! and so bright... Congrats on 99.

    10/29/2006 1:12 PM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    I love that colorway! Great picture.

    10/29/2006 2:05 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    99! Awesome. Cute socks. That was a pretty impressive list of sock patterns from that contest.

    10/29/2006 2:27 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi T! I knew you could do it! As one of the many lucky recipients of your beautiful socks, I thank you. Maybe you'll be able to start your own line of holiday socks? What do you think? Get some sleep! Love, Mom

    10/29/2006 2:42 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    I can't wait to see what the 100th pair looks like!

    10/29/2006 5:52 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Are you serious? 99 pairs? I havent even knit ONE pair yet! wow

    As far as breakfast places go... i think it depends on what neighborhood you're in. If in OB... Shades, if in Kearny Mesa... Brian's on Balboa, if you want a SUPER HUGE buffet... go to the Red Lion Hanalei Hotel in Mission Valley on Sunday am. If in Hillcrest... Hash House a Go Go. South Park... Big Kitchen.

    So many breakfast places... so few Sunday mornings!

    10/29/2006 9:31 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, 99 pairs and counting! I'm a top-down sock knitter too. I visited San Diego three years ago and fell completely in love with the place, especially the unspoilt coastline.

    10/30/2006 12:21 AM  
    Blogger Larjmarj said...

    Wow they look like thyroid cells!! LOL just kidding, they look great and I LOVE the color. How your co-workers ever came up with thyroid cells, I'll never know.

    10/30/2006 12:37 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow 99! That is fantastic! The color is great!
    By the way I love the lace you are making!

    10/30/2006 12:49 PM  
    Blogger Lorraine said...

    Way to go! Awesome achievement and great socks!

    10/30/2006 1:13 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Those are perfect for pair 99, and very reminiscent of fall! As your neighbors to the north, surprisingly we are getting a bit more "cooling" and even some leaf changing (although it could just be a rash of diseased trees; it's hard to tell). Let us know if you plan to be in our neck of the woods. I even found a great, out-of-the-way yarn store!

    10/30/2006 1:48 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home