Tuesday, October 10, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Winning Socks

    Whoever wants to tell a variety of stories ought to have a variety of beginnings, and speak so intelligently that people will enjoy listening.
    -Marie de France

    There were so many fabulous responses to my little Socktoberfest sock contest (sparked largely, I will confess, by a combination of my overflowing stash and my complete laziness in finding a new-and-exciting pattern), that I decided to compile them all into a list for the other similarly burdened. (Yes, our lives are hard. So much yarn. So many great patterns to knit. How do we ever cope?)

    Twists and Turns
    So, you all think I really like cables, don't you?
    Lovin' Lace
    Texture Time
    And What's Wrong With a Little Color?
    • Bazaar Socks in Interweave (these are so on the list for all those leftovers I have!)
    Here's the Claudia's Handpainted in "Just Plum" going to our lucky winner:
    And, of course, The Lucky Winner Herself:

    Rosi G. with Falling Leaves, who clearly has her pulse on the finger of the sock-knitting cyber world (did you see all those entries?).

    While a number of the socks on the list above are definitely making it onto the "to knit" list (Leah and Margene are onto something with Cablenet - it is so "me"), Falling Leaves is speaking to my wistfulfulness at my lack of a New England autumn, and I have some lovely Koigu in greens with red, yellow, and brown accents. It's just meant to be.

    11 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    so many of those socks are already on my to-do list. and now-thanks to your fabulous list- i have just added a truck-load more ;0) {you can never have too many socks though, can you?!}

    10/10/2006 6:44 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOO HOO!! YAAAY ME! All I did was cut and paste my sock-to-do list! HA!

    I will love to see what your Falling Leaves looks like! Of course you'll post a TON of pix, right? :D

    Thanks for the contest!!

    10/10/2006 7:17 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Congrats to Rosi and an excellent compilation of socks to knit for all of us!

    10/10/2006 7:18 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a great list! I'll be sure to bookmark this page!

    Congrats Rosi!

    And I am glad to see that Cablenet at least makes the "to knit" list!

    10/10/2006 7:54 PM  
    Blogger knitzalot said...

    Did you know that Falling Leaves was designed by San Diego knitter Jessica, who you've met at Rebecca's?

    10/10/2006 10:44 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a great list! That's to be bookedmarked for future planning.

    10/11/2006 4:39 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great choice!

    10/11/2006 8:24 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just got some Koigu (my first) and was wondering what socks to knit. Now I know. Great list, Thanks

    10/12/2006 9:18 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Excellent compilation of sock pattern! For, you know, people willing to consider putting patterns in their socks. :)

    10/15/2006 6:34 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Very cute sock patterns! I still haven't decided whether I will ever need socks again in southern California, however.

    10/17/2006 8:24 AM  
    Blogger Wendy said...

    I think you're going to need a new box!

    wendy

    10/17/2006 3:18 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home