Saturday, November 18, 2006

  • Main Page
  • The Gift-Giving Season

    The manner of giving is worth more than the gift.
    -Pierre Corneille

    So, when I went on and on and on about how I didn't knit last weekend, how good it was not to knit last weekend, well, I might have exaggerated a little for effect. I mean, I really didn't knit very much for having two whole days off and a little road trip and all. But I did manage to knit more than I will this weekend, what with being on call all weekend and all. (Last weekend was so much better than this one . . . sigh.) I did mangage to make this: I actually only made the top one this weekend. It's Yvonne's Double Flower Cloth made out of a single skein of Berrocco Flax on US7s. It's knit in th eround from the inside out, and it is fun, fun, fun. Probably took about 3 hours or so. Lovely, isn't it? The bottom one is another linen facecloth like this one. This is the dragon scales from Knitter's Stash. A close-up? Just be forewarned that the color is more accurate above. But the texture is perfect.Those of you keeping score will note that I probably have about 6 of these to do, and I'm kicking along with 3, almost 4 completed. When is Christmas, again?

    12 Comments:

    Blogger Prof. Knitwit said...

    Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog. That is some truly lovely lace you've got going on there!

    11/18/2006 4:10 PM  
    Blogger GamecockDoc said...

    Those are gorgeous!

    Hope call going well.

    11/18/2006 4:13 PM  
    Blogger Bonnie said...

    Very beautiful face cloths. I love them!

    11/18/2006 4:22 PM  
    Blogger Abigail said...

    37 days to Christmas, but don't worry. Face cloths are a quick work.

    They are lovely, just lovely....

    11/18/2006 6:58 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oooo I really like them. I have been unable to find any washclothes so far that I really liked, and these are quite pretty. Thanks so much for bringing this pretty pattern to my attention, I think it will be just the thing to make for my mom.

    11/18/2006 7:00 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    I am glad to know I am not the only one with the washcloth bug!

    11/18/2006 7:17 PM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    You've got plenty of time! Assuming that you at least have a few days off and aren't running around sightseeing with your hunky beau!

    11/18/2006 9:34 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the facecloths!! I printed out that pattern to make a couple for gifts myself. HA! Let's see if I can fit them in with the other eleventimillion things I wanna make as gifts!

    11/19/2006 8:37 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ohh, pretty! You're doing great for Christmas, as long as you don't have lots of on call time when they actually call you.

    11/19/2006 12:16 PM  
    Blogger Larjmarj said...

    Pretty pretty, almost too pretty to use! Nice work, don't you love lace, it's so magical

    11/19/2006 7:27 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Those are so lovely! Don't panic yet. There should be time to knit at our place this weekend (after all the eating, of course). :)

    11/20/2006 10:43 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those are simply lovely. Are you doing them all different, or will there be repeats? (Or was there already a repeat and I didn't notice?)

    11/20/2006 6:36 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home