Thursday, November 16, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Why I Love the Blog

    I try to take one day at a time,
    but sometimes several days attack me at once.
    -Ashleigh Brilliant

    If ever you need something cheerful to greet you after a long night on call in the CCU which included, among all the usual chest pain and hypotension and hypertension and all of that good stuff, two codes; followed by the longest rounds ever; followed by the realization that maybe this was not the best night to have volunteered at the free clinic for the homeless; followed by all of that . . .

    Look what arrived in the mail:Yes, that is exactly what you think it is. Nine skeins of Cotton Kureyon. For projects related to this. No decisions have been made exactly (see above), but at least I have more yarn with which to play. And how did I find this long-discontinued yarn? Jessica told me about a yarn shop in Washington with some on sale. And no website. I love the blog. Thanks, Jessica!

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Lynda said...

    Well - that's pretty nice to come home to!

    11/16/2006 6:13 PM  
    Blogger Jenny Raye said...

    So cool! Bloggers make the best friends :o)

    I asked about the needle size you used with the Zephyr in a recent post and said that I was using a 1 with it. Turns out I was wrong....my bad. I'm using a 3 with the Zephyr. Mommy brain. No wonder I couldn't find my Addi Turbo 3 the other day. Sigh.

    11/17/2006 5:01 AM  
    Blogger amysue said...

    Love that cotton kureyon and also just want to let you know that as the loved one of a recent patient in a local ccu (95% block found during a cath and he leaked some enzymes and was rushed to another hospital-yikes!, but the stent/angio went well) I appreciate all the great work everyone does. They let me stay with him the entire time (not during the procedure, no family allowed, even if I did once work at the same hospital!)and the place was hopping, but everyone was calm, caring and funny as well. Just one question, when did before/after pics of the heart become de rigeur?

    11/17/2006 5:17 AM  
    Blogger Theresa said...

    Pretty yarn! The Lizard Ridge pattern does seem fun.

    And I just saw your Amazing Lace project: how beautiful!

    11/17/2006 8:38 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay for the blog! And such a happy box full of yarn. What's better?

    11/17/2006 10:24 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, pretty! yay for the blog and knitting enabling!

    And, incidentally, thanks to you, I'm hooked on Gray's Anatomy now too! Good thing I can knit & watch TV. (And I have yet to see her knitting.)

    11/17/2006 2:39 PM  
    Blogger Jessica said...

    You got it! Yay!

    11/18/2006 10:40 AM  
    Blogger Wendy said...

    That is going to beautiful - completely in keeping with your new Cali lifestyle!

    Wendy

    11/20/2006 9:37 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Having recently harnessed the power of The Blog to obtain some guidance myself, I'm totally with you! What did we ever do before we had internet friends?

    11/20/2006 6:35 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home