I must have been in a sleep-deprived haze. It's the only possible explanation for why I decided to re-organize my yarn stash AND simultaneously update my yarn stash spreadsheet last weekend. I mean, I know I had seen Laura do it here. But maybe in my day-night confusion I thought that meant I should, too?
Seriously, nothing good can come from stash reorganization. Here's a list of the bad things that happened:
- I realized how much yarn I had.
- The beau stopped by unexpectedly and HE realized how much yarn I had. I think it was when I had to move the DVD player to reach cones of yarn that he really got scared.
- I think this now negates a previous conversation wherein he told me that he thought I should buy as much yarn as I wanted.
- I don't have - of course - the yarn to knit anything I really feel like starting.
- And then I realized I don't have any time to start anything.
- My spreadsheet grew from 5 to 6 pages long.
- Because even after I finished projects, I had some full skeins of leftover yarn. And that still takes up a whole line.
- Some of this yarn I don't know if I'll ever use.
- But, of course, if I get rid of it, I'll need it.
- All that playing with yarn and spreadsheets kept me from knitting. Especially this.