Wednesday, November 29, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Wearing Wool, and Other News

    People who throw kisses are mighty hopelessly lazy.
    -Bob Hope


    Today's quotation has nothing whatsoever to do with this post (which might, by the way, fall into the Random Wednesday category), but it's a favorite in my collection.

    The weather in San Diego, I am pleased to report, is finally on the chilly side. It was 42 degrees on my way to work this morning, and only in the high 50s by the afternoon. It is, of course, still sunny. It's gorgeous. What I like to think of as great sleeping weather. (Sleep, of course, being a much desired commodity around here.) The best part? Breaking out the wool sweaters. I've been wearing Am Kamin to and from work, a definite step up from my usual Navy-issued sweatshirt. (Although, in all fairness, the Navy sweatshirt does have reflective lettering on it. Wasn't there some glow-in-the-dark yarn a few years back?) The irony? It took me about 3 days of being cold in the morning to remember that I had all of these warm clothes, jackets even. I'd gotten so out of the habit.

    In other news, I'm trying desperately to finish Christmas gifts before my post-office provided deadline for East Coast mailing (um, soon). I have two more secret projects racing against time. Details to follow.

    And so that this is not a completely photo-less post, check out some other hats that I'm trying to get out in the Christmas mailing. Kate D. is the proud new aunt of triplets and requested some strawberry hats. I'm making the newborn size, and I know that the triplets aren't quite that big yet, but I'd love to save myself the postage. The problem? I had one made in a newborn size, and thought I'd only have to make 2 more. Turns out the color difference between the new and old is pretty significant. Guess I'll have to make one more . . . It's not every day triplets come along, is it?

    11 Comments:

    Blogger Lynda said...

    I love the hats! Too cute.

    I've been pulling out the sweaters, too! Perfect knitter weather!

    That quote is a keeper!

    11/29/2006 4:04 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Very cute! I just got that pattern and the girl really wants one. Might have to upsize it for her.

    11/29/2006 4:19 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Heck woman, I would give the mis colored hat and be done with it... But I am LAZY.

    11/29/2006 4:36 PM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    Consider color difference = triplet differentiation!!

    They are adorable!!

    11/29/2006 5:14 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love those Strawberry Hats! So cute!

    11/29/2006 5:20 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh I am just loving this cool weather!!
    I've made those hats before... they're adorable ;)

    11/29/2006 6:14 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sometimes it's a little about being lazy, isn't it? like knowing that you'll use the sweater for like 30 minutes and then you'll be inside all day and won't get cold. The strawberry hats are incredibly cute. You have to post a photo of them getting worn, It will be one of the cutest things ever!

    11/29/2006 10:23 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Strawberry hats are cute on their own, but worn by triplets will certainly stop traffic.

    11/30/2006 6:28 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Love the strawberry hats! Do you suppose there's a knitted fruit/vegetable hat collection out there? That would be so cute!

    11/30/2006 7:55 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cold! Brrr! That Am Kamin sweater is just absolutely glorious.

    No, triplets aren't the run of the mill! they'll look cute as strawberries.

    11/30/2006 3:46 PM  
    Blogger Dana Marie said...

    Oh my word! I can't imagine how adorable those little triplets will look in strawberry hats!!!!

    12/01/2006 4:32 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home