Monday, November 10, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Fun in the Cold - Hat Edition

    After the scarves and the mittens, you didn't expect the hats to get neglected, did you? Never fear!

    First, the oldies-but-goodies category: These are all made of Lion Brand Homespun, a standard chain store yarn which still holds a sweet spot in my heart for the many many many (20? 30? who can count that high?) garter stitch scarves I made from it when I first started knitting. Before we branched out in yarns, we branched out in knitting and started making hats. These garter stitch hats are some of the most attractive-to-wear hats I own, actually. A bit berret-ish, if you will. And that rainbow hat was made for me by my college roommate, Shoshana (who, by the way, started a cooking blog here and is the happy recipient of all the baby wear for the world's cutest baby).

    But I digress - more hats: Actually, related to that digression, the brown cabled hat it made from quivut (oh la la!) that Shosh brought back from her honeymoon in Alaska. Good friends bring you yarn from their honeymoon!

    Also featured above are the swatch cap for Am Kamin (which I wore, with it's sweater, last weekend), the gorgeous Stained Glass Hat, and, partially hidden, the hat whose name I forget (last featured here, during the memorable Knitting Olympics). If only I had more than one head and could wear more than one at a time . . .

    And, last but not least, the one manly hat of the collection: Gosh I love having a husband who likes traditional knitting designs!

    Coming tomorrow, more traditional knitting - lots of progress on my Dale sweater.

    Labels:

    6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thats a LOT of hats. All are cool, but I love that last one!

    11/11/2008 5:02 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I think hats are fun to knit and I see you agree. Nice collection!

    11/11/2008 5:14 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I must say, I am glad you have only one head. I love you dearly but a two-headed Terri would freak me out.

    11/11/2008 6:46 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    What a great collection of hats! I personally love the beret-ish style myself. Also, my hubby would definitely argue with you about who holds the title of world's cutest baby, but he's a bit biased (and Shoshana's baby is a very cute boy). ;)

    11/11/2008 9:23 AM  
    Blogger Shoshana said...

    Hooray for homespun! It's nice to have moved on, but I'm not going to lie, I still have some old skeins hanging out under my bed. All the hats are wonderful and the strawberry hat is getting good use!

    11/11/2008 10:37 AM  
    Anonymous Muffin Recipes said...

    Great post thhank you

    5/11/2023 4:25 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home