Saturday, November 01, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Hi-Ho November!

    Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more;
    Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours.
    -Swedish Proverb

    Gosh I'm happy it's November! Let's think about the good things:

    1. No one died last night at work. Yeah, that's always a good thing.
    2. It was my last call for a while. I get to sleep at home every night for the next 24 days.
    3. Except when I'm going to Santa Fe next week to experience the following - cold weather, sweaters, hats, mittens even?, visiting my parents, and some very good friends.
    4. Rachel had her twins - how cute!
    5. I'm halfway done my Christmas shopping.
    6. Now if only I was halfway done my Christmas knitting . . .
    7. It's NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month. Get ready!

    And, to start November off right, here's the very last knitting of October:I finished these socks at 11:30pm last night while waiting for a patient to get transferred up from the ER. I was unable, however, to kitchener the 16 sts and weave in 2 ends. So, it's either the last knit of October or the first of November.

    What's the difference? The stash. The stash has recently suffered some major setbacks in that it is bigger than before. The 350 yards of Koigu in those socks take the revised stash total from 100,039 yards to a much nicer 99,689 yards. Remember how good it felt to get under 100,000 yards? I'm hoping to stay there.

    So, executive decision made - since, through no fault of my own, the weaving in waited until today - these will be the last knit of November.

    And so we start with 99,909 yards of yarn in 510.25 balls. Not counting partial oddballs. . . And about to order the yarn for the manly sweater. That executive decision will be coming tomorrow.

    Labels: , ,

    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I remember getting under 100,000 yards. Then I found more yarn I forgot to add in and I was pushed right back up! I'm happily now under 77,000 now though and I hope to never go back. :-) Your finished sock looks great btw!

    11/01/2008 3:41 PM  
    Blogger Ally Jay said...

    I think you are pretty brave to have an actual yard count. I dread to think what mine might be.

    11/01/2008 4:00 PM  
    Blogger bySarah said...

    Love the socks. Congrats on your stash. There is NO WAY I am going to figure out how many yards of yarn are in my stash, but I admire that you know.

    11/01/2008 4:29 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I appreciate #1 -- we had two deaths in one night last week on my service. We're all still sort of recovering. Here's to knitting.

    11/02/2008 11:39 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Lovely socks! Good luck with the stash. Mine appears to be growing more than I had thought. I wish my knitting was going as fast as my stashing, but I don't imaging there's much hope of that. ;)

    11/04/2008 9:23 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home