Friday, October 10, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Good Things Come in Pairs

    Pair off in threes.
    -Yogi Berra


    I'm at a conference this weekend, which means a good amount of knitting time and a lot of mandatory fun. So we'll continue the review of summer fun and expect some well-along WIPs next week. I went through a baby knitting phase over the summer, completely sparked by this sweater. My college roommate's very adorable baby is a happy model of handknits (including at my wedding - I knew teaching her how to knit was a good idea!), and they're a cotton-only kind of family who also happen to like bright colors. Add in this cheerful sweater, and it was the perfect first birthday present.

    But then I had a moral crisis. How could I give this sweater to the very deserving recipient of adorable handknit baby sweaters? I liked it too much. So I made another one, just by alternating the two blues.

    Colorful Baby Set
    Pattern: a kit from Lionbrand that I bought on clearance when the old put-up of Cotton-Ease was being discontinued
    Yarn: the Cotton Ease in the kit - 5 colors (yes, I bought a lot of it when it went on clearance)
    Needles: US 7
    Notes: I knit it in the round up to the armholes, and knit the sleeves in the round for ease of finishing. Still a lot of ends to weave in.
    Best Thing About This Project: I'm waiting for the true finished object photo - modeled. It won't be long.

    We haven't even scratched the surface of my blogging backlog . . . And the knitting continues.

    Labels: ,

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Jennifer said...

    I'm loving the backlog knitting! Keep it coming. Enjoy yourself at the conference and enjoy the knitting time.

    10/10/2008 9:00 AM  
    Blogger bySarah said...

    I love the sweaters! Enjoy the conference.

    10/10/2008 9:43 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I am a big fan of the conference. Travel to a new place, seeing old friends, eating out, and feeling smart. What's not to like? Cute sweaters (and hat)! I am so tempted by everyone else's baby knit, but I need to keep focused so I actually finish the ones I started. Ugh, startitis has hit!

    10/10/2008 1:24 PM  
    Blogger Elizabeth said...

    All those baby sweaters look great! Hope you're doing okay with hubby away and everything else that is going on.

    10/11/2008 5:27 AM  
    Blogger Shoshana said...

    As the mother of the recipient I can vouch for the total adorableness of this sweater. A photo will follow if I can convince the little one to hold still long enough to snap it!

    10/11/2008 6:41 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home