Thursday, October 02, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Works in Progress

    Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth
    until the hour of separation.

    -Khalil Gibran

    Thanks for all the good thoughts you've sent to us - me on the homefront and my husband on deployment. I definitely plan on knitting to keep me busy while he's gone, and getting used to it is a bit of a work in progress.

    As the long time readers remember, last year when he was away I knit him the Dale of Norway Salt Lake City sweater, and a bonus welcome home present of the River Forest Gansey (same post). Is that why you're all wondering what I'll knit him this year? Well, our second anniversary is coming up next summer (probably right after he gets home), and the second anniversary is COTTON. So, a sweater of course. I gave him a few pattern options and we decided on the Tree Bark Pullover from an old IK (Rav link here). I'll be making it in Mission Falls 1824 cotton like it calls for - I think it's a good match, but in more subtle colors - ivory and sand. Should be classy.

    I will, of course, have to order the yarn for this project. Which is worth it. Especially because I've been making really good progress on the stash. I'm now down to 469.5 skeins and 95,560 yards, with lots of stuff on the needles. Now that I'm under 100,000 yards, I have to start thinking about how big my stash should be at a comfortable size. I know I'm not there yet, but it's getting close.

    Over the next couple of weeks we'll catch up on all those FOs that have eaten up the stash, but for today I'll start with a photo of my favorite work-in-progress:I get a Dale of Norway sweater, too. This is my Park City (Rav link), which is from the same year as Salt Lake City. As a bonus, my sweater is way faster than the sweater for my 6' tall husband - it's flying along!

    Labels: , ,

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Kristen said...

    Tree Bark will be a sweet welcome home gift.

    10/03/2008 3:09 AM  
    Blogger Angelika said...

    Nice sweater there. You mean you actually sat down and counted and added up the yardage of all your yarn? I'm afraid to do that. I can only tell you that right now it's in several boxes, taking up room in my closet. Time for a diet too.

    10/03/2008 4:43 AM  
    Blogger Virginia Valerie said...

    Justin and I are thinking about you guys! Thank you both for your service to our country!

    10/03/2008 5:58 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Oooh, I like Tree Bark! You have such good taste in patterns. Is it OK if I just copy everything you do?

    10/08/2008 2:46 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home