Friday, July 04, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Independence

    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending
    too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

    -Thomas Jefferson

    Whatever America hopes to bring to pass in the world must first
    come to pass in the heart of America.

    -Dwight David Eisenhower

    In the spirit of Independence Day, I'll share some photos (distant flag included) of a lovely beach spot across the country on my favorite Jersey shore.

    My folks and many friends are there this weekend. In fact, this time last year we were there getting married on that very beach. I (almost) wish I could join them. Almost, because tomorrow my lovely husband and I are off for our honeymoon/first anniversary/vacation to a beach far off in the pacific. A little place called Hawaii.

    I have my knitting for the plane, my beach reading, and a hat to keep my hair contained in the convertible. We'll see how much knitting gets done, but that's not quite the point.

    Plus, I've been making great progress on my stash reduction - check out the sidebar!

    See you in a week!

    Labels: , ,

    15 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay! Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful trip!

    7/04/2008 11:13 PM  
    Blogger Pam said...

    Have a great time! Happy Anniversary, happy honeymoon!

    7/05/2008 12:14 AM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    Happy anniversary, you lucky ducks. Hawaii on your first anniversary - how are you going to top that!

    7/05/2008 2:50 AM  
    Blogger Mary Lou said...

    My little Jersey girl heart is happy to see those photos. Lakes in MN just aren't the same thing. Have a great trip.

    7/05/2008 6:22 AM  
    Blogger Knitting Up North said...

    Happy Anniversary!!! Have a great time in Hawaii! I was just thinking yesterday of that lovely wedding on the beach a year ago. Love SC

    7/05/2008 8:45 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's why you didn't answer the phone yesterday :) Have a great honeymoon/anniversary trip--we'll be thinking of you on the day. I can't believe it's been almost a year for us both. Love you and miss you!

    ps-- they were showing 1776 in the park around the corner from our new place the other night. It was terrible! But made me think of you (in the best sort of way).

    7/05/2008 10:00 AM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    Have a lovely trip! Happy anniversary!

    7/06/2008 6:42 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have a fantastic trip! Happy anniversary!

    7/06/2008 7:24 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Enjoy Hawaii and check out the volcano. Love, Mom

    7/06/2008 7:40 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Have a wonderful honeymoon! Enjoy your anniversary and don't worry too much about the knitting. It will wait for you.;)

    7/06/2008 8:15 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. Have a wonderful time!

    7/07/2008 7:28 AM  
    Blogger Yarnhog said...

    Excellent quotes. Can I get a "Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it"?

    7/09/2008 5:16 PM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    Yay for Jersey! I'm now wishing for a dart game at Parker House...

    7/25/2008 11:01 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Oops, I just left a comment on an old post of yours. For some weird reason my bookmark took me to October 2007. I think I was bookmarking your scrappy socks and just forgot.

    7/27/2008 8:33 PM  
    Blogger Abigail said...

    Knock! Knock! Is there anyone home?

    We miss you so much.

    7/28/2008 1:41 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home