Saturday, May 03, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Spring Socks

    The enemy of good is better.
    -Proverbial

    I'm still pondering what to do with the alpaca, and I really appreciate all your suggestions. For some reason the teddy bear idea is rising to the forefront as appropriate for the mood of the moment, but then I'm still torn about whether to just go with the mood, or hold out for something that is theoretically more perfect. Then again, see the quote above.

    So, as I ponder, I have been knitting some socks for spring.

    The March Yarn of the Month was a skein of Socks that Rock that made a lovely cushy sock.

    Spring Socks
    Pattern: Mad Color Weaves, available free on Ravelry downloads, the coolest one-stop shopping ever
    Yarn: Socks That Rock Lightweight in, er, a pretty spring color
    Needles: US 2, after experimentation to find a ratio that didn't pool
    Notes: Great pattern. Cushy yarn. It was a little frustrating to find a needle size and cast-on number that didn't pool, though.
    Best Thing About This Project: Wearing them at night, after my flipflops!

    And, I knit a pair for the May Day Swap. Here's a teaser photo.

    May Day Socks
    Pattern: Charade, also a free Ravelry download
    Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock
    Needles: US 1
    Notes: Great pattern, great yarn
    Best Thing About This Project: The modeled shot is here.

    And, last but not least:

    Thuja
    Pattern: from Knitty
    Yarn: KnitPicks Memories for a purple-loving friend
    Needles: US 2 - love my new KnitPicks dpns!
    Notes: Great fun pattern. No issues, no changes
    Best Thing About This Project: The perfect gift for one of the readers in our wedding.

    Labels:

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Knitting Up North said...

    Beautiful socks!! I made the sugar cookie recipe from your wedding today and they're delicious. (Also used the flower cookie cutter too). Love SC

    5/04/2008 8:48 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Great socks! I'm always amazed that you are able to finish so many projects with a work schedule like yours.

    5/05/2008 5:49 AM  
    Blogger Marisol said...

    Still LOVING my socks! Thank you so much!!!

    5/05/2008 12:58 PM  
    Blogger Caroline said...

    Great socks! There is no reason that my vote should count, but I don't think that you'd be disappointed if you choose to knit the teddy with your angora. I knit a little rabbit with a skein of expensive angora that I didn't know what to do with, and was so happy with it.

    5/05/2008 7:14 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your ability to churn out the great socks will never cease to amaze me. Fabulous spring colors, too!

    5/06/2008 11:19 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    You are a sock-knitting machine! They all look fantastic. Let us know when you can come for a visit. Our summer is looking to be full of visitors, actually, and we are so excited!

    5/06/2008 2:09 PM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    Hey, Navy Spouse!

    Thought it was only fair to let you know that I'm shamelessly using your wedding photo in a contest on DSW.

    Want to be the judge and decide who wins?

    5/10/2008 6:50 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home