Friday, April 25, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Moving Along

    Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.
    Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way
    they really are or people might think we're stupid.
    -Jules Pfeiffer

    Somewhere in the midst of all the craziness, there is some plain ol' knitting being done. Shocking, I know. And apparently, it's all blue.

    You may or may not recall the Bed and Breakfast Pullover. This is my March project, which isn't standing a particularly good chance of being finished in April either, but that's OK because my April project is done. At any rate, the B&B is clicking along. It has a perfectly delightful cable pattern - unusual, interesting, and really not at all particulalrly difficult. The boring ribbed sleeves were done in an early moment of opportunism, so now I have a couple more inches of the back and then the front. Not bad, if I get to work.

    My other brilliant blue project also saw some progress, although of a different sort. A while back when I was in a lace kind of mood I started the Fiddlesticks' Long Paisley Shawl in some KnitPicks Shadow. I like the yarn, and I like the pattern. I definitely made a mistake and went down too many needle sizes, so the garter stitch fabric was too bouncy. But really, it had to go. I knew I wasn't going to finish it this decade, so it was better to frog now and open up the possibilities for both the yarn, the pattern, and my time.

    Frogging can be progress, too. What kind of progress have you all been making? Show us en route to the FO parade!

    Labels: , ,

    5 Comments:

    Blogger BeatrixB said...

    I love the bed and breakfast, made the sleeves a little shorter, and love love love it

    http://strickwut.blogspot.com/

    4/25/2008 7:44 AM  
    Blogger knitzalot said...

    Now it's your turn to show me a pattern I had dismissed before. It looks great!

    4/25/2008 7:55 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Love the cables! I never thought of frogging as progress before, but you're right. I'll think of it in a positive light from now on.

    4/26/2008 5:50 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    If I were ever to get a knitting tattoo, I think it would be that quote "Frogging can be progress too." Priceless!!

    4/26/2008 5:39 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I agree about the frogging. I recently gave up on a scarf and have repurposed the yarn. It really felt good!

    Love all the blue yarn!

    4/29/2008 4:20 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home