Thursday, April 03, 2008

  • Main Page
  • A Man and His Hat

    Live your life, do your work, then take your hat.
    -Henry David Thoreau

    Since we're all so excited about the impending return home of my favorite model of handknits (and do wish him a good drive cross-country, won't you), I thought today would be a lovely day to show off his new hat. Well, new as of February, anyway.

    Norwegian Star Hat
    Pattern: from Hats On!
    Yarn: Cascade 220 in the green and Paton's Classic Merino in the natural. You will note that the colors are the inverse of the mittens here.
    Needles: US 7 or 8, which turned out to be a little large
    Notes: Love this book, love this pattern, don't love that somehow my knitting has loosened up over the years. This grew like crazy in the wash, so much so that I needed to do a little intentional fulling.
    Best Thing About This Project: The photo below.

    Labels: , ,

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Lori said...

    Well, drive safely, Mr. Knit Model, and we'll be looking forward to the sweater reveal :)
    (The hat is really sweet too, but I'm totally distracted by the sweater.)

    4/03/2008 6:18 PM  
    Blogger Vicki said...

    Your colorwork is just amazing!

    4/04/2008 7:22 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    I think you guys need to move to a cooler climate so you can wear all these beautiful woolens more frequently!

    Your Dale sweater turned out gorgeous and I am looking forward to your sweetie modeling it for us.

    I have the HATS ON book and have yet to knit anything out of it. This looks like it would be a great hat for my husband - I'm inspired!

    BTW..I moved back to Blogger :-)

    4/04/2008 7:40 AM  
    Blogger nova said...

    I really love Hats On! too. This is a great hat, and how pleased is your model to be wearing it?! Very.

    4/04/2008 8:23 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Loose or not it looks like it covers his ears nicely, which is critical in a hat. He also looks abolutely thrilled with it, which is the most important thing. :)

    4/04/2008 2:24 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Safe roads for your hubby! Our end of the cross country is much nicer weather.

    The hat is cute!

    4/04/2008 4:48 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I have that book and have every intention of trying out color work with one of the patterns. I'm putting a check mark by this one, because yours turned out so nice.

    4/05/2008 6:39 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home