Friday, February 29, 2008

  • Main Page
  • February's Other Project

    All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous,
    unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience.
    -Henry Miller

    It's a good thing there's a bonus day in February this year, because I am so behind in my blogging. Here's hoping March is a little better . . . At any rate, I've gone 28 whole days without showing you my official February project.

    Here's what it looked like on February 1st:Gerbera, from Dale of Norway. And now, on February 29th, it's up past the colorwork on the body, with a partial sleeve completed as well.
    I bought the book several years ago for Ingeborg, but decided that I needed to warm up my skills a bit with this project first, mostly lace with a single stranded band around the middle. And several years ago, I bought the yarn (the Sisik the pattern called for). And moved it four times. This year is definitely the year for this sweater.

    Labels: , , , ,

    4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ooo is for self or for husband?

    3/01/2008 6:51 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a nice combination of hardy, traditional yarn and a delicate stranding and lace pattern. It's going to look great!

    3/01/2008 3:00 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, I can't wait to see a bigger photo! It looks like you've made a lot of progress in one month. We are still waiting for the baby to arrive. She'll be a March baby afterall! :)

    3/02/2008 9:18 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    I love the tweediness of the yarn. Can't wait to see a bigger shot.

    3/03/2008 7:57 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home