Thursday, February 07, 2008

  • Main Page
  • A Stealth Project

    The greatest pleasure I know is to do something by stealth and have it found by accident.
    -Charles Lamb

    It doesn't technically reduce the stash. It's not a mitten. Or a hat. It was supposed to be hanging out in the background for a while. I don't know what happened. But my basket of leftover sock yarn was calling. And it thought it could be a chevron scarf.
    And now it's almost done. With plenty of yarn leftover for another one . . .

    Labels:

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Angelika said...

    I love your color combination and the way it pools.

    2/07/2008 5:44 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Well, THAT is one clever idea!

    2/07/2008 9:26 PM  
    Blogger nova said...

    You thought right, that is a very good color pairing!

    2/08/2008 5:47 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How many different sock yarns did you use? It looks wonderful!

    2/08/2008 6:15 PM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    That reminds me that I have some yarn in my stash that would be perfect for a Chevron scarf. It looks like a nice take-a-long project.

    2/09/2008 8:27 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I really should make one of these. The pattern always looks great!

    And thanks so much for making the long trek all the way to the OC for the shower! The hubby and I were so happy to see you!

    2/11/2008 8:08 AM  
    Blogger cindy said...

    Great use of leftover sock yarn. I made mine with two full skeins of sock yarn. How many kinds of sock yarn did you use?

    2/14/2008 7:14 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home