Monday, January 21, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Wacky Indeed

    A picture of many colors proclaims images of many thoughts. 
    -Donna A. Favors

    It's a good thing I have tiny hands, or I'd be inclined to keep these mittens for myself. I am totally in love,* with the colors, the snowflakes, and the awesome twist on a very traditional mitten pattern.

    Wacky Selbu Mittens
    Pattern: Selbu Mittens from Folk Mittens (check for errata!) with color idea stolen from Leigh
    Yarn: Noro Kureyon, about 1.5 balls for the background, and Patons Classic Merino in Winter White, about 1/2 ball for the foreground
    Needles: US 3
    Notes: See the errata! But now that I've figured it out, I do like the Norwegian thumb gore. It's a combination gored thumb and peasant thumb that I can see having many applications in stranded patterns, and fits better than a standard peasant thumb.
    Best Thing About This Project: The wacky colors.

    *Yes, I've been in love with all of my knitting lately, why do you ask?

    Labels: ,

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    Very fun! Thanks for the heads up on the errata - I got that book for Christmas, so I'll have to look it up.

    1/21/2008 3:31 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, those turned out great! What a cute pattern and the colors are great. I need to get started on my fingerless gloves so I have something to show for January. :)

    1/21/2008 3:34 PM  
    Blogger Angelika said...

    You are not the only one that loves them. Who ever gets then can show them off proudly. Now on to the next pair, this time for you.

    1/21/2008 5:58 PM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    Wacky in the best possible way!

    1/21/2008 7:15 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love them - the colors are wonderful!

    1/21/2008 9:57 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I'm in love with all your knitting lately too. Great colors and pattern!

    1/22/2008 6:27 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOVE your Selbu mitts! Now I want to do the same thing with some Kureyon and white!

    1/22/2008 7:22 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    These are pretty fantastic. Who are they for?

    1/23/2008 10:07 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So cute! The white against the colorful background is really lovely.

    1/23/2008 4:53 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home