Wednesday, January 02, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Big Plans

    Be always at war with your vices,
    at peace with your neighbors,
    and let each new year find you a better man.
    -Benjamin Franklin

    I was trying to think about how to sum up my plans for 2008, when Jen did it for me. Less whimsy, more things people want. That pretty much sums it up for me.

    You may also recall that I had plans for a Clean Slate for 2008. I'm pleased to say that I did it . . . by mid-December. I finished the Christmas knits, my Denim Aran, and searched around for a new project. I found it in the Four Seasons Throw made of Manos del Uraguay. I saw Disentangled's in person, and was completely won over. A long road trip, and having my husband around to drive, and before you know it I'm done 6/12 squares.
    Then I did wait until it was nearly January to start my 2008: A Year of Yarn. As I said earlier, not all the yarns are particularly hard to find or unique, although some are, but all are somehow special to me. For January, I'm knitting up Mountain Colors Bearfoot, in Glacier, in Nancy Bush's Rib and Cable pattern. My first time knitting with Bearfoot, and I'm loving it.

    And, perhaps most significantly, my January Project:
    Salt Lake City from Dale of Norway. For that husband who drives me around so I can knit. Let a year of yarn and sweaters begin!

    Labels: , , , ,

    15 Comments:

    Blogger carolyninAlaska said...

    Great looking Dale sweater! You have a good start on it already.

    1/03/2008 2:27 AM  
    Blogger margene said...

    He's a good man and certainly deserves a sweater if he's willing to drive you around. w00t! that it's a SLC sweater!

    1/03/2008 4:58 AM  
    Blogger Laritza said...

    I am knitting the SLC Dale of Norway sweater too in a different color way. Funny thing is that your picture and mine are the exact same row:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yorksett/2123770696/

    1/03/2008 5:55 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Three great projects to start out the New Year!

    1/03/2008 6:12 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Yay for fresh knitting! I'm going to dig up some of my own freshness here in the next few days, once I get everything cleaned up/sorted out/etc. Good luck with everything!

    1/03/2008 6:21 AM  
    Blogger Jenny Raye said...

    Oh goodie! You've started the SLC sweater. So looking forward to watching this progress. You've got a great start going there!

    1/03/2008 6:38 AM  
    Blogger Karen said...

    Good for you!!!! It's so great to be right on track with your goals already. That sweater is going to be fabulous.

    1/03/2008 7:02 AM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    Off to a roaring start I see! Both for the blanket and for your 2008 goals!

    1/03/2008 7:56 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, you sure are off to a great start! Look forward to seeing all your 2008 projects!

    1/03/2008 8:22 AM  
    Blogger Stephanie said...

    I love Bearfoot - it's one of my favorite sock yarns. In fact, if I didn't have so much sock yarn in the stash, I'd go buy some more! Your projects are always so perfect. I can't wait to see everything progress.

    1/03/2008 4:18 PM  
    Blogger Pooch said...

    Oh-my! Never lose the whimsy in anything. It makes everything so much more enjoyable!

    Love the chauffer-husband project. That ought to keep him driving!

    :)

    1/04/2008 12:17 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oooh, SLC! Y'all must still be in the honeymoon phase.;) Long may it last!

    Nothing wrong with a little whimsey, as long as it's appreciated.

    1/04/2008 12:39 PM  
    Blogger nova said...

    I am always so impressed by your ability to make progress so quickly on anything and everything for which you cast on. Your year of yarn is off to a great start!

    1/04/2008 1:04 PM  
    Blogger Mia said...

    So funny, I love Bearfoot sock yarn and have some in the stash. I knit those socks for a sock pal once and was SO sad to see them go. So now I'm just past the gusset on a nice green version with some stashed Bearfoot..
    Love the hubby mittens, too.

    1/05/2008 11:28 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, the Dale sweater looks gorgeous already! And so much progress on the throw as well! Your year of yarn is starting out quite well, I'd say.

    1/07/2008 9:14 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home