Thursday, January 10, 2008

  • Main Page
  • A Target Wave

    Neither can the wave that has passed by be recalled,
    nor the hour which has passed return again.
    -Ovid

    It's a great time for mittens around here. Oh, never fear, I'm still making good progress on my big projects, but who wouldn't dally with some stash yarn and great mitten patterns? It is, after all, the Loose Knit project of the month. Target Wave
    Pattern: Target Wave Mittens from IK Winter 2006 and Norah Gaughn's Knitting Nature
    Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride remnants in Lotus Pink and Lemon Drop
    Needles: US 6 and 8, per pattern
    Notes: At first I took a look around Ravelry, I was worried. Some looked weird. But like much knitting, it's all in the blocking.
    Best Thing About This Project: It was just good plain knitting fun.

    And coming up soon . . . the Very Cabley Mittens. I thought I had "most" of a skein of Lamb's Pride in this Sun Yellow color, but apparently not quite enough. I'm missing the thumbs.Enter Ravelry. I was able to sort by color and find someone who had a partial skein of the same yarn in the same color, and we arranged a little trade of partial skeins. How handy!

    In the meantime, what should I knit while waiting for that yarn to arrive? More mittens, perhaps?

    Labels: , , ,

    6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mittens sound like plan! Cute those.

    1/10/2008 12:08 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Both are such nice mittens! I love that you found what you needed from Ravelry! Cool.

    1/10/2008 3:25 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Cute!

    1/10/2008 7:15 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    One day I'll try the Target Wave Mittens. Glad to hear they were fun to make. Sure are cute!

    1/11/2008 6:01 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I really like the color combo of pink and yellow mittens. The cabley mittens looks lovely. I'm glad you found some more yarn!

    1/13/2008 8:00 PM  
    Anonymous Replacement Windows Rochester said...

    Thank youu for sharing this

    8/09/2022 9:33 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home