Monday, March 17, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Bearfoot in Irony

    Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top.
    Then you will see how low it was.
    -Dag Hammarskjold

    Sometimes playing with camera settings is successful. Sometimes, it is not. Alas. My Bearfoot socks (finished some time ago, actually, as they were January's yarn) are much lovelier than they appear here.
    Rib and Cable Socks Pattern: Rib and Cable Socks by Nancy Bush from an old IK
    Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Glacier - I love this yarn!
    Needles: US 1 dpns
    Notes: No changes to the pattern. Nancy Bush always does something a little different with her heels and toes, and I like seeing how it comes out.
    Best Thing About This Project: There are always so many wonderful things about handknit socks, aren't there?

    Labels: ,

    6 Comments:

    Blogger Vicki said...

    The colors are beautiful and don't seem to hide the pattern much. I need to gets me some Nancy Bush books!!

    3/17/2008 10:40 AM  
    Blogger alligator said...

    Those look great! I have been longing to try that yarn (the mohair content intrigues me) but it is rather difficult to get here so I have been hoarding my single skein. Maybe it's time to get it out!

    3/17/2008 12:39 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay, more socks! That colorway looks really pretty. :)

    3/17/2008 1:11 PM  
    Blogger nova said...

    I hvae some Mountain colors....these socks make me want to do something with that yarn... nice.

    3/20/2008 7:14 AM  
    Blogger Caroline said...

    Your socks to comfy and cozy. I need to try some Mountain Colors yarn...but maybe I should actually finish a pair of socks from the umpteen skeins of yarn that I already have.

    3/26/2008 10:32 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Hmm, I would love to see the colors in person. I bet it is quite lovely.

    3/28/2008 8:16 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home