Sunday, March 09, 2008

  • Main Page
  • A Spring in My Step

    Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.
    -Doug Larson

    Since it's probably obvious that I've been spending nearly all my time at the hospital lately, it must be equally obvious that my sweater projects aren't coming with me. I made some great progress on Salt Lake City on my day off last week (just wait until you see the Olympic Flame!), but the daily knitting has been a little more mundane. . . . If by mundane you mean knitting with gorgeous sock yarns. (And who doesn't love a good yarn cake?) The one on the left is Socks that Rock Lightweight in Waterlilies. This is my first STR experience, and I join you all in loving the base yarn and the colors. The pooling, on the other hand, not so much. It took multiple cast ons to find something reasonable, but now they're happily becoming Mad Colorweave Socks.

    The yarn on the right is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Mountain Creek for an upcoming swap and a recipient who likes jewel tones. I'm loving these jewel tones so much I'm tempted to go out and buy some more . . . Charade is a great pattern for varigated yarns; highly recommended.

    Which would defeat the point that these are both from stash. And great patterns for varigated sock yarns. In progress photos may eventually make their way into the world. In the meantime, it's nice to have a project for every state of mind, isn't it?

    Labels: , ,

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Nikki said...

    Oh, lovely colors Theresa. And there's nothing at all wrong with having a project for every state of mind. :)

    I just realized I don't know how to find you on Ravelry. I'm DrNikki, if you want to look me up. :)

    3/10/2008 2:24 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Those are some lovely sock yarns! Glad to hear that Salt Lake City is making progress. I've been making mad progress on baby knits and Christmas gifts while waiting for this little one to arrive. She should be here any day now!

    3/10/2008 6:39 AM  
    Blogger Linda said...

    That's my philosophy - a project for every need. A simple one, a lace project, something cable, colorwork is good too. Glad to see I am in good company. I have too many friends who are project monagamous. Not that it's wrong to be that way, it's just not for me.

    3/13/2008 11:18 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home