Friday, March 28, 2008

  • Main Page
  • How To Work on Three Sweaters At Once

    Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.
    -Doug Larson

    By (unintentionally) not blogging, of course. Between the every third night call schedule, and forging ahead with my knitting projects, this here blog has been a bit neglected. The upside is that now I have so much knitting to catch up on (and a better schedule come Monday), you'll be up to your ears in blogging!

    The other best way to work on three sweaters at once? To finish one, of course: Gerbera, the sweater my husband calls my "Dale non-ski sweater" in a perplexed fashion, is done. The only downside? The difficulties of measuring gauge in a lace pattern mean that the sleeves are too long. You can see the pattern trajectory from here - what's the best way to shorten them? More on that later.

    The other two sweaters are coming along - the Dale Ski Sweater - is almost done. Thanks to some sunlit time off today, I sewed the steeks. And then forged right ahead with the cutting, and the sewing of the sleeves, and the working on the neckband . . . Not much more!

    And that third sweater, the Bed and Breakfast Pullover, has finally made it to it's rightful place as my go-to project at home. . . just in time start some new projects for April. I am loving making so many larger projects right now, in keeping with that grand plan for the year.

    Labels: , ,

    7 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW! From what I can see of the Dale sweater on the sewing machine, it's going to be stunning!! What a beautiful piece!

    Were you sweating bullets steeking it?

    3/29/2008 7:09 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    Can't wait to see the Dale sweater and hubby's pullover is wonderful. Quick! Get some model shots before it gets too warm.

    3/29/2008 8:03 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Anyone who can knit Dale ski sweaters is my hero! I "tried" to knit my husband a Dale sweater - which has now become know as the nightmare sweater. Someday... it will get finished. But I'm afraid I won't be able to watch him wear it. I've seen it too much already!

    3/29/2008 8:52 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    eeek a steek! Do you pick up your button band on inside of the steek (towards steek sts) or the outside of the sewn line (toward the body). I goofed it up on my Dale :-(

    I have Gerbera down as a sweater I'd like to knit someday, too. Nice job, on BOTH Dales!

    3/29/2008 12:21 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, your Not A Dale sweater is really gorgeous! The Actual Dale is no slouch either.

    Off to surf Ravelry now that you pulled me into it looking for the Bed & Breakfast Pullover. The horror. ;)

    3/29/2008 5:10 PM  
    Blogger Knitting Up North said...

    That is one gorgeous no-ski sweater, T! And the Dale sweater for J is fantastic too. I'm in awe of your ability, truly impressive. And don't go so long without blogging, you had me worried something was wrong! Love S

    3/30/2008 1:24 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, those sweaters look fantastic! I have barely knit a stitch since the baby arrived. I'm hoping to get back to it soon.

    3/31/2008 2:58 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home