Friday, April 18, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Eye Candy Friday, Time Machine Tuesday, Er, Something

    For the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world.
    - William Ross Wallace

    Thank you for all your wonderful comments on the wedding photos. There will be more to come as I get them. In the meantime, here's my Time Machine Tuesday/Eye Candy Friday post for the week.

    You all surely remember the rash of baby knits last year in preparation for this little one. Well, his parents are the kind of people with good taste and good sense who believe in putting their child in handknits as often as possible, even if they're still a little big. Recall, the bear used to be as big as the baby!

    Now he's growing into many of his gifts (great reason to make all kind of different sizes). And here's where I'll make a plug for this Debbie Bliss pattern Baby Hooded Jacket from Simply Baby. (Original post here.) According to the parents, it's a great go-anywhere throw-on-top-of-anything kind of sweater, it looks adorable too big, and will likely fit for a while because of its cape-like structure. They apparently get lots of compliments. From the knitter's perspective, it's a stockinette raglan cape with self-rolling edgings and a single button hole, and a big hood. Win-win.

    I also have a photo of this self-same delightful baby wearing this handknit sweater vest to my wedding reception. Could have sworn I uploaded it . . . but you'll just have to wait. Life is busy. As my college roommate (the mother of this baby) said, "When I show up at your wedding with my baby, I guess that makes us grown-ups."

    Labels: ,

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    Cutest. Baby. Ever. And a very fun wedding--it was so good to see you!

    4/18/2008 4:57 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Too sweet! I love baby A.

    4/19/2008 6:03 AM  
    Blogger Caroline said...

    There's nothing more cuddly than a baby in handknits.

    4/19/2008 10:19 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Awwww, how cute! I will have to check out that book. RJ will be modeling her little pink sweater soon too.

    I can't wait to see more wedding photos!

    4/19/2008 6:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home