Tuesday, April 08, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Time Machine Tuesday: Wedding Edition

    Hail wedded love,
    mysterious law,
    true source
    Of human offspring.
    -John Milton

    It's a week of wedding celebration around here, so I thought we could have an extra special edition of Time Machine Tuesday. The wedding knit of the century in action, so to speak. You recall the chuppah I made for my best friend's wedding last summer. Turns out it's seeing lots of action of the resting at the foot of the bed kind. She was kind enough to tell me that it gets carefully placed aside at night. Isn't it great to see it out and about? The first chuppah I made, which the blog has still never seen, was also used recently for the bris of that couple's first son. And rumor has it that that son, otherwise known as my favorite baby, has grown into some of his handknits and is wearing his favorite sweater vest to some of the festivities! Get ready for next Time Machine Tuesday!

    Labels: ,

    5 Comments:

    Blogger sloth-knits said...

    I can't get over how gorgeous that chuppah is! I'm glad to see it's still in action.

    4/08/2008 11:07 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So, so beautiful!

    ps: Thanks for your comment on the bulky shawl- I needed to hear that. ;)

    4/08/2008 12:25 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Hmm, I'm hoping that RJ can compete for favorite baby status. ;) We really wish we could be there this weekend!

    4/08/2008 7:24 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Too pretty to be packed away. I'm glad it's being used.

    4/09/2008 6:04 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi...

    I found your blog somehow while googling for a lace chuppah pattern. Can you share info about what pattern you used / designed?

    I decided to take the plunge and knit one for my daughter's wedding.

    Marlene

    11/05/2008 1:03 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home