Monday, June 16, 2008

  • Main Page
  • On the Cooking Front

    If people take the trouble to cook, you should take the trouble to eat.
    -Robert Morley

    Apparently I'm on a once-a-week blogging schedule. Well, it is summer after all. I did take some photos for all of you this weekend, but uploading them to the computer was the rate-limiting step. At any rate, I have lofty goals for blogging at least twice this week.

    I mentioned a few posts ago that I've been doing a bit of cooking recently, taking advantage of the fact that my husband will eat almost anything. And he does dishes. And we bought a grill.

    Revisiting cooking meant revisiting my cookbook collection and recipes. I've been carrying around a 3-ring binder of various recipes since my college days, but found it too unwieldy. My everyday favorites were right next to recipes that I was clearly never going to make. So I regrouped, googled a bit, and found Tastebook.

    Check it out:

    A cookbook of my favorite tried-and-true recipes, only the good ones, professionally printed. With photos. And, since most of my recipes are from magazines or cookbooks, a little googling usually pulled up all the text, ready to copy and paste. And, you can add to it later.

    I'm in love.

    So, in the interest of spreading the joy, here are a few of my new favorite recipes:

    and here are a few of my new favorite cooking blogs, for more inspiration:

    Enjoy! Be warned, but I get my act together, the FO parade will be miles long.

    Labels:

    12 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is so cool! - I just started one of my own, of all our family favorites. Thanks for sharing such a cool idea. I envision printing one for each of my kids when they fly the nest :o)

    6/17/2008 5:36 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    I checked out the site too - very cool. But I couldn't find out how much it costs for your own Tastebook. How much was yours?

    6/17/2008 6:36 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh I am soooo going to get one of those books! How cool!

    6/17/2008 10:31 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi T, Would that New collection of your favorites include stuffed mushrooms, corn fritters and homemade linguine and clam sauce? Notice that these are all comfort foods. Remember to get enough sleep! Love, Mom

    6/17/2008 3:31 PM  
    Blogger bySarah said...

    This is a great idea.
    Way better than the cookbooks I tried to make for my sisters and failed years ago.

    6/17/2008 5:28 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Your cookbook looks ridiculously cute. :)

    6/17/2008 5:53 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's awesome!!

    6/17/2008 8:43 PM  
    Blogger knitzalot said...

    That is seriously cool!

    6/17/2008 10:12 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, what a neat idea! I called my mom today and had her send me some of our family recipes to add to my file. I think I might try your calzone recipe. It looks delish!

    6/18/2008 9:32 PM  
    Blogger Marsha said...

    Very cool!!

    6/20/2008 5:21 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for sharing your new cookbook find. I have some wonderful recipes that my MIL left me that I wanted to put together for my girls. You know I put together a Knitting Blogger's Favortie Recipes a couple of years ago. I did all the publishing myself. This would have been so much easier!!!! You can find the link to the cookbook on my blog if you are interested. There are some great recipes in there.

    6/21/2008 7:05 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, now that is cool! I may have a gift idea for a certain chef in my house.

    7/12/2008 5:58 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home