Sunday, May 11, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Sensing A Theme Here

    Tomorrow never comes.
    -Proverbial

    For most of the last week I was planning on blogging "tomorrow," but somehow each and every day is a today. It's been a busy week working, getting back into cooking (it's so much more fun to cook for two of us!), and actually doing some knitting.

    In fact, it was during a nice post-work relaxing night of knitting that I noticed there was a bit of a theme in my knitting. Don't we all love Interweave? These are the magazines for the Bed and Breakfast Pullover, the Lacy Kerchief Scarf, and my new project. Yes, I finally decided what to do with my alpaca. Thank to all the suggestions and reassurance, I went with the teddy bear. How cute is this? It's going to be so adorable, so fuzzy, and, well, just so classic. I am realizing however, that I will have quite a lot of yarn leftover. I'm leaning towards mittens. We shall see.

    I also figured out what my May project was going to be. It's a good stash project from some Reynolds Saucy that I bought at the Webs tent sale with Rachel right before I moved to California. Now, I realize that the wisdom of buying lots of yarn right before moving cross-country can be questioned, and two years later I'm still trying to work my through most or all of it, but the stash does become it's own justification when I can just decide to cast on and I have a good yarn handy. That I got on supersale. But I digress. I'm making the oh-so-romantically-named "Long-Sleeved Cotton Jacket" from Sarah Dallas' Vintage Knits. I've had my eye on this for quite some time, and now is the time.

    Speaking of stash, I finally updated my sidebar to reflect the progress I've been making on stash reduction. While it does come in handy to have yarn around, I'd like to have a little less yarn around so I'd feel a little freer buying yarn for specific projects. At any rate, in spite of some recent yarn gifts (May Day Swap photos coming soon!), I'm still far in the negative from my starting stash. By the end of May, I should be under 110,000 yards!

    Labels: , , ,

    6 Comments:

    Blogger Dorothy said...

    Do you have enough to do two bears? He might get lonely!

    5/11/2008 9:42 AM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    I understand perfectly the reasons behind buying yarn before your move. No need to apologize to fellow knitters!

    5/11/2008 10:02 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    I'm totally jealous of your stash reduction!

    5/11/2008 1:06 PM  
    Blogger Yarnhog said...

    I read all the knitting mags, but almost all of my actual knitting projects come from Interweave. Love that magazine!

    5/12/2008 9:37 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've been on a bit of an Interweave kick lately too. So far I've been happy with everything I've knit from them (though some patterns have sustained heavy modification).

    I think I have fully depleted my yarn stash from that WEBS trip. Much of it I used, but I will admit that I gave two cones of lace away as prizes and freecycled a couple other cones in preparation for our upcoming move in a fit of being honest with myself about what I'd ever use. I still remember that WEBS trip very fondly.

    5/13/2008 5:20 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I think the teddy bear was a great choice, and if you get mittens too it will be perfect!

    I haven't knit anything from Interweave yet, but I have a few things in my queue.

    5/19/2008 6:45 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home