Sunday, June 08, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Weekend Roundup

    Love is like a virus. It can happen to anyone at anytime.
    -Maya Angelou

    It's probably no coincidence that as soon as I started working nights (you try sleeping in San Diego in the middle of the day!), I got knocked down by a nasty summer cold. The kind of cold that fogs your brain and makes you think it's a good idea to stare at the wall and do nothing. In other words, the kind that makes me feel very much not like me. This means that sewing up last month's cardigan, starting my Nantucket Jacket, and really anything else that takes brain power is off limits. Good thing that June is Kitchen Accessories Month at A Loose Knit Group! I just happen to have an enormous ball of Sugar and Cream gifted to me some time ago, and a few of Abigail's dishcloth patterns in hand.

    Two down, working on the third. Just how many do you think I can get from this huge ball?

    On a related note, apparently the dishcloth bug is out there. Check out my sister-in-law's first cables - nice, huh? It looks like we'll be meeting up in Phoenix in a couple weeks, so I think we'll limit the knitting to cotton. Phoenix in June is hardly wool sweater weather.

    There has been just a little bit of other knitting. Flitgirl and Toasty Joe came to town and cheered me up in the middle of that cold-of-which-we-shall-not-speak. If you've ever read Toasty's blog, you won't be surprised to hear that we went to the Padres-Mets game. A perfect opportunity for some knitting. My yarn of the month for June is some Morehouse Merino laceweight that a friend gave me quite some time ago - I think early in med school, but it mmight even have been college. Regardless, it's stash-marinated long enough and now it's happy to become the Lace Ribbons Scarf from the Spring (or was it Summer?) Knitty.

    Now, if only my voice would come back . . .

    Labels: , , , ,

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Knitting Up North said...

    Ugh, summer colds. They have to be the worst. Hope you feel better soon! Knitting looks good even if you only feel up to staring at the wall. Love you, SC

    6/08/2008 9:22 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Feel better soon!

    6/09/2008 5:22 AM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    I totally understand; I'm on night float now, and after getting a single hour of sleep between 0530 and 0630 I slept most of the day away. Now I'm lazing around the house until I have to go back in (in 2h25m, but who's counting?). I hope you're feeling 100% soon!

    6/09/2008 11:57 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Goodness, hope you're feeling better now. ;-) Love the colors of the Morehouse and can't wait to see it in person.

    6/09/2008 1:07 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    The sisterhood of summer colds....I have had two one after the other and can sympathize! Hope you feel better soon!

    6/09/2008 6:53 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Feel better T! It was so good to see you. Thanks for being the perfect hostess, despite your cold.

    6/10/2008 2:05 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Bleh...summer colds suck! Hope you're feeling better by now!

    6/10/2008 4:50 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I hope you feel better! The hubby went to Morehouse college, is that what the yarn is named for? I love the color! I have a bunch of cotton that I think I'll turn into bibs and dishcloths. Thanks for the inspiration!

    6/13/2008 4:19 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    The scarf looks beautiful!

    I hope you feel better soon! I always thought NE winter colds were bad, the summer colds I have been getting here in FL are far worse.

    6/17/2008 5:52 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home