Friday, September 12, 2008

  • Main Page
  • The Face of the Earth

    I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.
    -Abraham Lincoln

    They say it takes 30 days to create a habit. Is that how long it takes to get out of a habit? Perhaps.

    I have not quite fallen off the face of the earth, but I've been busy.What? You weren't distracted by an archived Hawaii photo? Sheesh!

    In no particular order:
    1. My husband is getting ready for an all-expenses-paid business trip to the cradle of civilization. That would be, uh, Iraq. I hear it's lovely this time of year. And he's leaving pretty soon.
    2. There's a lot of pre-deployment paperwork.
    3. I'm knitting too fast to take blog photos. Seriously. Burning through the projects.
    4. The stash is down to about 97,000 yards.
    5. I'm rotating at a civilian hospice this month. Picking out my own clothes every morning is a challenge. Matching is hard.
    6. I've been cooking.
    7. And baking peanut butter cookies as a pre-business-trip treat.
    8. And I finally started running again. No amount of time on the elliptical machine can kick my you-know-what like a little running.
    9. There's a large pile of to-be-blogged handknits sitting on my dresser.
    10. I'd say I'll take photos this weekend, but I won't.
    11. We're going to Palm Springs for a little getaway.
    12. Maybe next week. If not, then certainly I'll be back in full form when my husband's away.

    Labels: , ,

    22 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Don't be silly -- enjoy your husband while he's here!

    9/12/2008 5:47 PM  
    Blogger Jennifer said...

    Thank you and your husband for your service to our country. The knits pale in comparison to the importance of you doing what you need to do for your family. Which you already know hense little blogging. :) Big hugs from Ks from a lurker.

    9/12/2008 6:52 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Hugs from us - enjoy your time together!

    9/12/2008 8:03 PM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    I hope you two live it up before he leaves!! Will he be there forever? I hope not. I'm sure you will have a collection of Dale sweaters waiting upon his return!

    9/12/2008 8:19 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good to know you are alright and looking forward to pictures and blogging when you have time. Enjoy your husband and tell him he is appreciated for his service to our country.

    Thanks to both of you.
    Esther

    9/12/2008 8:54 PM  
    Blogger Pam said...

    It's good to hear from you again. I hope your husband's "trip" goes well. Enjoy your weekend!

    9/12/2008 11:40 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're blogging at my speed! and I don't even have your excellent reasons!
    Enjoy your time with your husband...

    9/13/2008 4:22 AM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    Enjoy your Palm Springs getaway and make plans for a happy reunion upon your husband's return!

    9/13/2008 4:59 AM  
    Blogger Beth said...

    Good to see you back again!

    Tell your husband thank you for serving our country - and thanks to you, too. I appreciate it more than you know.

    9/13/2008 9:56 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i hear that's one of the top vacations spots of late. vacation spot. Hope you get the hang of matching.

    9/13/2008 12:59 PM  
    Blogger Liz K. said...

    Thanks for popping up to let us know you're OK. Sorry to hear about your hubby, but let me echo my thanks for your and his sacrifice for our country. I'm looking forward to hearing from you more, and please, do not hesitate to let your readers know what we can do to support him, his unit, and you.

    9/13/2008 3:15 PM  
    Blogger Donna said...

    Glad you popped in with an update - I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about your hospice rotation; I've enjoyed being a hospice volunteer tremendously. Tell your husband to stay as safe as he can - we'll all be thinking good thoughts for him!

    9/13/2008 4:56 PM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    ugh! So sorry to hear that he's being deployed :(

    9/13/2008 6:20 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Theresa, Peanut butter cookies???!!! I thought they were not someone's favorite! Will wonders never cease. We love you both and are with you in spirit! Love, Mom

    9/14/2008 7:13 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Thanks for the update! I've wondered what has been keeping you away. How long will your hubby be deployed? I will keep him in my prayers along with some others that I know that are also over there right now. I appreciate what both are you are doing for our country!!!!! Keep us posted!

    9/14/2008 9:44 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Hi Theresa,
    I still read your blog. I hope your husband stays safe and you stay sane while he's in Iraq. It's a noble thing he's doing. How long is his deployment?

    Take care,
    Val

    9/15/2008 9:49 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey- good to see you! Sounds like you've been quite the busy bee! I'm really sorry to hear your husband is being deployed. :( Enjoy your trip to the desert!

    9/15/2008 8:54 PM  
    Blogger Angelika said...

    Enjoy the last couple of days and don't sweat too many of the small stuff. I'm sure you'll make it throuhg this, like many of us did. Keep busy, keep blogging and make sure you chat with him down there, once he is seddled and cabled up.

    9/16/2008 3:53 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Enjoy your hubby while he's here, his all expenses paid trip does not sound terribly enticing.

    "Matching is hard". LOL.

    9/16/2008 12:58 PM  
    Blogger Nikki said...

    Are you kidding? We can wait! Go have lots of fun with your sweetie and wish him well for all of us. We'll be here when you get time to come back. :)

    9/17/2008 6:35 AM  
    Blogger Katie said...

    Thinking of you both and sending many good thoughts your way!

    9/21/2008 12:00 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    My gosh, I had no idea! I hope you enjoy your weekend together and the preparations go smoothly. Please call if you need company after your husband leaves.

    9/27/2008 8:48 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home