Monday, August 04, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Random Monday

    There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship,
    communion or company than a good marriage.
    -Martin Luther

    Happy August! (My birthday month, for those of you tracking these things.)

    Because Random Wednesday is more random on a Monday, and I'm still recovering from a little jaunt up to Washington State this weekend.

    I got to spend the first weekend of August on a very exciting trip to see the incomparable Kate D. marry the love of her life. Gosh, I love weddings! Go on, congratulate her. She doesn't leave for her honeymoon until Wednesday.

    While I was there, I also had the great privilege to sleep under a fabulous handmade quilt and admire some beautiful embroidered pillow cases. And I took pictures. I'll share once I upload them.

    Speaking of travel, have you ever flown Virgin America? It's a new airline with only a few airports so far, but it's a life changing experience. Leather seats and electrical outlets - in coach. Friendly quick service. Your own personal TV/entertainment system. And competively priced tickets. I've never been airline brand loyal, but flying all the domestic carriers these days is so depressing, that I was positively delighted to find this airline. They're expanding - look for them. It's like flying internationally, only shorter. And still in the US.

    What else? I got a cool and completely unexpected package in the mail the other day. A friend of the family back in Pennsylvania was doing some closet cleaning and found a whole bunch of knitting books, so she packaged them up and sent them to me. There are some real gems here - Knitting for Him, the Nicky Epstein series, and an Erica Knight book, as well as some basics. What a great surprise!

    And, since I got lots of knitting done on the plane in my nice comfy leather seat, I'm ready for the new August projects. The big one is my Dale sweater - Park City. This will complement my husband's Salt Lake City, as they're from the same Olympics. I'm making the off-white version, and I wanted a slightly brighter CC2 in blue, but I worry that the one I ordered might be a little too bright. Any thoughts from the photo to the right? Never fear. My sister-in-law is in town and she was the recipient of my last Dale sweater. I'm sure she can help. In the meantime, go leave her some blog comments.

    Labels: , ,

    8 Comments:

    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    Oooh! That is so cool that you got surprise knitting books in the mail! Surprises in the mail are awesome. Knitting books are fabulous. The two together are fabawesome.

    8/04/2008 9:49 PM  
    Blogger margene said...

    So you keep knitting my cities, but you've yet to visit. Maybe when PC is done you can come here and model them both.

    8/05/2008 4:32 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Um, I have not yet flown Virgin America, but it sounds fantastic - I will definitely keep it in mind for when the opportunity arises!

    8/05/2008 7:55 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I hope to fly Virgin America, as I've heard from multiple sources that it is fantastic compared to the usual. I like the blues for Park City, but that bright one does seem to stand out compared to the others. It could just be the photo though.

    I will call today about the impending visit of Rich, Laura and the boys.

    8/05/2008 8:32 AM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    I'm so glad you could make it for the wedding! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the pillowcases, as well!

    My great-grandmothers: heirloom jewelry and linens. Great ladies.

    8/05/2008 4:01 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I bet I know where those knitting books came from. Enjoy them, T! Remember to get some sleep during this busy, birthday month! Love, Mom

    8/06/2008 3:03 PM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    My SIL just flew up to Washington to visit us and used Virign airlines. She couldn't stop raving. We are definitely going to give them a try!

    8/07/2008 6:29 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    I really, really, really like Park City with the blue. I had not seen that pattern before now and it is definitely a winner!

    8/20/2008 8:57 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home