Thursday, August 07, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Seasonally Inappropriate

    The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was
    is so that we can tell them about our own weekend.
    -Chuck Palahniuk

    It may be wildly out of season, even for San Diego with its chilly nights, but better late than never. I finished my Bed and Breakfast pullover quite a few months ago, and even got a few chances to wear it before it got warmer.

    What can I say? I love this sweater. This is everything I've ever wanted in cabled pullover. Thanks to the Year of Projects, I have it.

    Bed and Breakfast Pullover
    Pattern:
    IK Winter 2003
    Yarn: Cascade 220 in French Blue and a dark brown for the contrast
    Needles: US 7 Brittany Birch straights - the most delightful combination of yarn and needles!
    Notes: I do think there was a slight error in the chart and that the cables should start closed and then open on the bottom (makes sense if you see the chart), but I didn't realize that until too late. It's not a crisis. Overall, a very fun, well-written, wearable pattern.
    Best Thing About This Project: This is basically my dream sweater. Expect to see modeled shots pop up as the nights cool off and it comes out to play.

    This project was one of many helping me knock down the stash. I'll update the sidebars soon, but as of August 1st I'm down to about 480-some balls of yarn and 103,000-some yards of yarn. Getting under 100,000 is rapidly approaching!

    Labels: ,

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Jennifer said...

    Great sweater! And I am so impressed that you are down 480 balls of yarn. Amazing!

    8/07/2008 7:48 PM  
    Blogger Caroline said...

    I like Cascade yarn, but I don't remember seeing such a vivid blue when I've browsed through the Cascade section. It's just beatiful and so is your bed and breakfast pullover.

    8/07/2008 11:13 PM  
    Blogger Liz K. said...

    I've had a cabled pullover on my mind lately - this one is inspirational!

    8/08/2008 4:43 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The crazy way the weather is, you'll probably be wearing it sooner than you think.

    It came out really cute! I love KZ's patterns. Under 100,000? Very good!

    8/08/2008 1:06 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is so fantastic!!

    8/08/2008 1:16 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Keep on going, girl! I'm knitting down my stash, too -- actually, I'm focusing on WIP's and there are quite a few.

    The Bed and Breakfast sweater is lovely!

    8/08/2008 8:32 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a pretty sweater! I'll look forward to the modeled shots. :)

    8/11/2008 3:42 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, that is so beautiful! It makes me wish I had more time to knit. ;)

    8/13/2008 9:05 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    I don't know how I got so behind on your blog! I am happy you finished this sweater. It's nice knitting down the stash, isn't it? I'll have to see if I can locate this magazine because the sweater is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the modeling!

    8/20/2008 8:59 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home