Monday, October 06, 2008

  • Main Page
  • A Winner!

    Better an ounce of luck than a pound of gold.
    -Yiddish Proverb

    Wahoo, I'm a winner!
    After lusting after box bags for the past several years, I finally got one. And without having to test out my rusty sewing skills. I won a blog contest over at bySarah, with my fabulous Jersey Summer Peach Salsa (recipe on Sarah's blog here).So I love my box bag, the sock yarn, the tea and biscotti, and the stitch markers - all in coordinating colors - but what makes this so perfect is that Sarah is actually my blog twin. We knit the same projects. Lately we've been cooking. And I get a Rhode Island fix by reading her blog. Good times all around.

    In honor of Socktoberfest, here's my first of four intended pairs of socks to celebrate. I've been in the mood to knit simple things lately (the Dale is just hanging out in its basket), and these Garter Rib Socks are fitting the bill. I've decided that Koigu is it's own reward, even in a delightfully simple pattern.And, one more thing, speaking of cooking - check out the pumpkin bread: Pumpkin bread may also be its own reward, but it's even better in heart-shaped pans bound for Iraq. And he wondered why I put them on the wedding registry . . .

    Labels: , ,

    3 Comments:

    Blogger bySarah said...

    I'm so glad you like the package.
    Of course, now I totally want to knit some garter ridge socks. And I have some koigu in my stash...

    Your pumpkin bread looks great. I'm sure he will love it!

    10/07/2008 6:16 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    10/07/2008 9:42 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Yummy! The heart-shaped loaves are awesome. Congrats on winning too!

    10/08/2008 1:27 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home