-William S. Gilbert
This post will consist of two parts. The first will be random observations about having my husband deployed. The second will consist of lots of knitting.
Observations about having my husband deployed
- Random strangers can be very nice about helping you lift bookcases into the back of your car.
- Why is it that I suddenly felt the compelling desire to go buy bookcases immediately after my husband left?
- I've had them for 3 days and still not put them together.
- The fraud prevention people from the credit card were going crazy.
- If you or your spouse deploys, you might want to call them and let them know. Otherwise they will call hourly for 2 days straight.
- Good to know that someone's paying attention.
- A heated mattress pad was the best idea ever.
- I don't eat half of what we when he's home; it's more like 1/3.
- Guess I don't have to go grocery shopping again for a couple of weeks.
- It's rather astounding how many cheesy romantic comedies and NCIS episodes the DVR can hold . . .
- And, you can even send flowers from Iraq. Lucky me :)
I took a big black bag with me to the conference, and alternated projects, roughly by lecture. Over 2 1/2 days, I knit
11 inches of sleeve for Park Citythe entire center part of the Swallowtail shawl (which is 1/2 the total, according to the handy-dandy shawl calculator here, which tells me that the border will be in a complementary color)
all but the toe of my second Socktoberfest pair of socks, Old Navy (yup, seemed appropriate)
And that's just what I took with me . . .