Tuesday, October 21, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Falling Off the Wagon

    A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs;
    it's jolted by every pebble in the road.
    -Henry Ward Beecher

    . . . The stash wagon, that is.
    And so it begins. (Yup, there's more on the way.) The problem with developing a passion for colorwork is that it requires so many colors. Might seem obvious, but I just ordered the yarn for the Bondegard pullover, a baby sweater that requires 15 colors of Dale Baby Ull. Yes, that's right - One-five. And it requires 2 balls of a few of those. So you know that most of them only need about 30 yards of that color, but it's absolutely integral to the design.

    Why did I order them now, you might ask? There were a lot of changes to the baby ull color line in the last year, and some of the colors were discontinued. I snapped them up while I could.

    And that's not all . . . a sweater's worth of yarn for my husband's second anniversary sweater is coming. Let's just say I qualified for the Webs 25% discount . . .

    The stash is there for knitting, right?

    Labels: , , ,

    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi there, I often read your blog on my cellphone so I can never leave comments, but a local store, Yarns, Yarns, Yarns in Madison CT was just bought by another company and they are selling Baby Ull for 50% off. Might be a little late now, I know, but I thought I would pass it along.

    10/22/2008 4:29 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I understand the Baby Ull stash. I recently bought enough yarn for both colorways of the ladybug sweater because several of those colors are being discontinued too.

    10/22/2008 5:54 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I never really thought about it, but color work is a stash builder.

    10/22/2008 6:21 AM  
    Blogger nova said...

    There are worse things than qualifying for the Webs discount, really.

    10/22/2008 8:31 AM  
    Blogger carolyninAlaska said...

    Hey... great choice of baby sweater... it's such a fun knit!
    Those are stash builders though, for sure.

    10/22/2008 6:40 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home