Tuesday, October 14, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Funny Feet

    Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile.
    -William Cullen Bryant

    I warned you that a summer of much knitting and little blogging would leave a large pile of knits to go through. For me, the hardest part is going to be remembering what I have or have not taken photos of. The second hardest part is that they are competing with all my current projects.

    In honor of Socktoberfest I picked four pairs of socks that I'm going to make, and just cast on for the Williams Street Socks from Knitting Daily last night. Even toe up, like the pattern is written (which is true dedication on my part, since I do not love toe-up socks).

    Since, as you might expect of someone who had one sock in progress and then cast on for three more, that equals three single socks, 3 partial cuffs, and a single toe, I'll go back and show you some of my summer socks.

    First, the not-quite-so-boring work pair:

    Uniform Socks
    Pattern: basic rib
    Yarn: Wildfoote in black, and unknown remnants in blue (Sisik?) and yellow (pretty sure this is Regia)
    Needles: US 1
    Notes: As you note, the contrast heel starts halfway down the heel, so as not to poke out of shoes. The toes are a happy accident due to being worried about running out of the blue.
    Best Thing About This Project: Definitely my new favorite work socks.

    More Fraternal Twins
    Pattern: Standard Stockinette
    Yarn: won from Beth in a blog contest a while back
    Needles: US 2 Lantern Moon sock sticks (which are so going on my Christmas list)
    Notes: There are 3 colors here - two solids and a varigated. I had planned to do the stashbuster spirals, but the colors were too close in value and the pattern was invisible. So I embraced simplicity and went with fraternal twins.
    Best Thing About This Project: I love using my special yarns.

    Labels: ,

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Jennifer said...

    Love both pairs, but I really like the cleverness of the uniform socks! Awesome.

    10/15/2008 8:43 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    love the fraternal use for the sock kit I sent and the splash of color in the work socks is great too :)

    10/15/2008 2:03 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I like the way you combine yarns to come up with totally unique socks. Love 'em!

    10/16/2008 6:31 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Nice socks! These are some fun ones. You are a sock-knitting machine. :)

    10/19/2008 9:10 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home