Tuesday, November 04, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Vote Today

    Ballots are the rightful and peaceful successors to bullets.
    -Abraham Lincoln

    The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure.
    -Albert Einstein

    Need a reason to vote today? I've got one:
    My husband in Kuwait, on his way to Iraq some 35 days ago. Not that I'm counting.

    We have enjoyed so much freedom for so long
    that we are perhaps in danger of forgetting
    how much blood it cost to establish the Bill of Rights.

    -Felix Frankfurter

    Labels: ,

    10 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a great picture. May God Bless him. and, Yes, I'm voting today!

    11/04/2008 4:12 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yup, he's the top reason I'm voting today, too!! You're counting the days--I'm counting the weeks. May God bless him and all those serving, as well as those who serve by supporting the ones in harm's way!!

    Love you,
    M-I-L Susan

    11/04/2008 4:16 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    A compelling reason to vote, which I did by the way.

    11/04/2008 6:06 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    We both voted already! We even took RJ. :) It's the least we can do compared to sacrifices of others like you and your husband.

    11/04/2008 8:50 AM  
    Blogger knitzalot said...

    I voted!

    11/04/2008 9:00 AM  
    Blogger Teri said...

    I voted!! I have a son in law to be that just returned from Afghanistan, and a son in law that will be going in February. Keep your chin up, I know you must miss him!

    11/04/2008 1:25 PM  
    Blogger Mia said...

    I voted. Tell your hubby THANKS for me, because really, we are SO freaking lucky to be able to walk down the street and vote like its no big deal. Thanks.

    11/04/2008 2:59 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Theresa, We are both honored and proud to call James our son-in-law. We can't wait to welcome him home! Love, Mom& Dad

    11/04/2008 6:03 PM  
    Blogger Knitting Up North said...

    Amen, Sister(-in-law)!!! I voted early as I knew I would be on the road on Election Day (currently in Bismarck North Dakota). Thank you to you and my "baby" brother for protecting our right to vote. Love you! SC

    11/04/2008 6:37 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You know Toasty and I voted first thing! Seeing so many people at the polling stations really filled me with emotion (and--since it's me we're talking about--tears). We're all in this together, no matter our individual views, and no institution exemplifies that more than the military.

    love you!

    11/05/2008 7:16 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home