Sunday, November 02, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Hat Trick

    Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding the third.
    -Marge Piercy

    Guess what I've been doing today? Wrapping Christmas presents! Before you think I'm crazy early, let me remind you that I have a December 1st mailing deadline to get to a certain someone in Iraq. And I like to be early. And don't you think he needs an Advent package, too? That should go out next week, most likely.

    And once I got started . . . So let's look at a few of the presents for folks who don't really read the blog.
    Tell me, since I seem not to be able to judge, are these suitable for men, or are they very feminine?

    Welt Cap x2

    Pattern: Welt Cap from the Green Mountain Spinnery Pattern Book
    Yarn: Mountain Mohair remnants from their remnant bin, and leftover from earlier projects
    Needles: US7 circs
    Notes: I'm totally in love with this hat pattern. Easy. Way more entertaining than it should be. And great for leftovers.
    Best Thing About This Project: Busting the stash.


    Odessa
    Pattern: Odessa by Grumperina
    Yarn: KnitPicks Ambrosia, sadly discontinued, a DK-weight blend of lovely softness
    Needles: US5
    Notes: I decided to try bead knitting for the first time, and it was fun! Great pattern.
    Best Thing About This Project: The perfect use for this yarn!

    More stash-busting projects coming this week!

    Labels: , ,

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Knitting Up North said...

    The black cap is totally masculine enough. Not so much on the blue one though. :) Love the pink beaded hat, very cute. Love SC

    11/02/2008 4:46 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmm, I was thinking the opposite as knitting up north voted :)

    11/02/2008 5:11 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think it depends on the man. And the color of his coat. And wether that's a red stripe or a pink one in the black hat. :D Love the Odessa - beads are fun!

    11/02/2008 5:48 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Love all the hats! The first two would be good for a man or woman. It's a unisex pattern in my opinion and the colors you chose will work for guys.

    11/03/2008 5:57 AM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    The welted caps look unisex in the colors you chose.

    11/03/2008 12:25 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think they are unisex too. They look great- all of them!

    11/03/2008 4:54 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I agree that the hats looks pretty unisex, although the black one looks a bit more masculine to me.

    They are all really nice though, and I love all the stashbusting.

    11/04/2008 9:20 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home