Saturday, November 08, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Fun in the Cold - Mitten Edition

    When there's snow on the ground, I like to pretend I'm walking on clouds.
    -Takayuki Ikkaku

    Aren't these beautiful? And who thinks it's weird that I've now made as many mittens and gloves since I've moved to San Diego as I did when I lived in Providence?

    To your left, starting at 12 o'clock: Tweedy Diamond Mittens from Knitter's Best Shawls and Scarves, thrummed mittens from Prince Edward Island, Selbuvotter gloves, my first ever gloves (blue), Bird in Hand mittens, Lopi mittens (mostly hidden), and Green Mountain Spinnery stripes and Manos cables in the middle.

    Of course, I'd be remiss if I ignored the manly hand warming knits - those hands are twice as big as mine! You may recall the mittens from last year. It's nice to have a husband who likes traditional knits.

    And the gloves. You will see in these photos two pairs of gloves from the Selbuvotter book. And there's even one more. They are so delightful and lovely that they deserve their own post. Note to self. At least it's reminding me about some of the posts I still need to write.

    Labels: ,

    1 Comments:

    Blogger JayJay said...

    Holy moly, what a collection! Thanks for the inspiration. I need to make RJ a pair of mittens and these are lovely tribute to the many possibilities.

    11/11/2008 9:25 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home