Sunday, November 09, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Manly Manly Mitts

    Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm
    and our intelligence aglow.

    -Helen Keller

    I got to wear mittens from the lovely pile o' mittens (the purple Manos ones, if you must know, to match my fleece) this weekend. Santa Fe was lovely, and mountain cold at night, down into the teens. It was glorious and bracing.

    To celebrate, and because I have the usual billion things to do after returning from a trip, today I present a new and exciting pair of mittens. One for the Christmas basket.

    Manly Mittens
    Pattern: from Knitty
    Yarn: Cascade 220 in brown and natural (what else?)
    Needles: US4
    Notes: Great pattern, no changes.
    Best Thing About This Project: Not to brag, but the colorwork on these is so even that you can't even tell there are two yarns being used. I think it's the pattern and the short repeats :)

    These were a great project, and relatively fast, even for large and manly hands. After all the Selbuvotter (yes, photos coming soon), I'd forgotten how speedy a repetitive pattern in worsted weight can be! Now I'm really inspired to try out those Herringbone mittens everyone was making last year . . .

    Labels:

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I want to knit a pair now. Really nice!

    11/10/2008 6:00 AM  
    Blogger Mia said...

    Those are CUTE! I just finished the Herringbone...I had made one and then the other languished. Once I picked it up it took about 1 afternoon of couch sitting after a long week of inpatient to finish. Addictive and intuitive. Good combo.

    11/10/2008 6:12 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, those are great! You are making me want to try colorwork.

    11/11/2008 9:24 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home