How Did I Do?
-Karen Kaiser Clark
So, how did we (the royal we) do with our big knitting plans for 2006?
Recall: Six (Knitting) Resolutions for 2006:
- Update The Early Works: Success! I made this hat and matching mittens for the incomparable Kate D.
- Successful fairisle on dpns: Success! The hat and mittens above, plus these Christmas ornaments.
- The Crossed in Translation KAL: Success Success Success! Who doesn't remember the Knitting Olympics?
- TKGA Master Knitting Level 2. Not even started.
- Christmas stockings for the family: Well, I did make these. Handmade, but not handknit.
- Transition to Southern California: learn to love knitting in cotton. Learn to love that shells and tanks don't have sleeves. Working on it. I did make this lovely shell, and I'm working on a denim sweater. But I still want to make warm woolly sweaters. Maybe I'll start making DK weight sweaters? It is chilly here at night.
The 66 knitted objects of 2006 (The Year of the Ornament):
- 14 Christmas ornaments
- 12 pairs of socks
- 9 baby hats
- 7 facecloths
- 4 adult hats
- 3 adult sweaters
- 3 dishcloths
- 3 felted balls
- 3 scarves
- 2 pairs of mittens
- 2 lace shawls
- 1 small bag
- 1 baby sweater
- 1 adult tank top
- 1 pair of fingerless mitts
Plans for 2007, heavily featuring this chuppah, coming soon. Think that'll keep me busy? Looking forward to The Year of the Chuppah.