Thursday, December 21, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Adding to the Tree

    The perfect Christmas tree? All Christmas trees are perfect.
    -Charles N. Barnard

    I've gotten an awful lot of packages this month. A lot. My mailman and I are on a first name basis and my neighbors seem convinced that I must be upto something. It's the compensation for living far from your entire family and most of your friends at Christmastime. But let me tell you about one of the most fun (. . . and if it was the most fun because I could open it already and didn't have to wait for Christmas Day, well, so be it. It's still great.). Paula, the Basset Knitter, was my Knit the Classics Christmas ornament swap partner, and what a partner! The swap was for handknit gifts, and I got three! Paula made the star and tree from Elizabeth Zimmeran's Knitting Almanac. More incredible? The snowman is her own design. Don't you love how warm and cozy he looks? I do. Thanks, Paula!

    I'll take some better photos when I put them on the tree, but you may recall that my Christmas tree is actually at the beau's apartment. We're having a staged Christmas starting on Saturday, so you won't have to wait too long.

    In the interest of completeness, I sent my handknit ornament to Jane in Maine. She blogged about it here, and that's the only photo of this you'll see, since I didn't take one of my own. It's the KnitPicks Holiday Cheer Holly ornament. Very fun for leftover sock yarn, by the way.

    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ALL of the ornaments turned out so nice! I especially like the ornament you made and that snowman is super cute too! Happy holidays to you--don't work too hard! (You did mention that you will be working, right? If not, just ignore me--I'm probably crazy from the holiday knitting and all..)

    12/21/2006 10:18 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Cute!

    12/22/2006 6:13 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You remind me of the time my Postman asked to meet me because of the interesting and large amounts of mail I received. I think he was disappointed. LOL
    Have a very Merry Christmas!!

    12/22/2006 8:05 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Handknit ornaments! How cute and fun is that!

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas holiday and a very blessed New Year.

    Merry Christmas!
    Susan

    12/23/2006 2:59 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That snowman is just the cutest! Great little details with the Fair Isle and pompom on the hat and the fringe on the scarf. I love it!

    12/26/2006 3:17 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home