Monday, December 11, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Three on Tuesday

    The perfume of a single flower may call up the whole sweetness of spring.
    -Willa Cather

    Edited to add: Thanks to Jenn for reminding me that today is not, in fact, Tuesday. It is Monday. Um, I knew that. Really. I was just, uh, being ironical. Yeah. That's it. Ironical.

    I interrupt our regularly scheduled Christmas-decorating programming for three actual knitting topics.

    1. Some non-secret knitting:I was finally able to join some of the San Diego knitters for some Saturday afternoon coffee, conversation, and, of course, knitting. I took something that required a little attention but not too much and finished 80% of the Reverse Bloom Washcloth, yet another of the Christmas facecloths. Yes, it really is that bright pink.

    2. How cool is this? Sock blocker keychains from Felt Up Designs. You can knit all sorts of mini-socks and change out our keychain decoration to suit your mood. I just couldn't resist buying a whole bunch - you never know when someone might want one, or you might need a stand-in for an overdue pair of gift socks. They are handmade and nice and smooth, just perfect.

    3. And speaking of perfect and gifts, go and check out Mary Lou's Tiger Hat pattern at Yarnerinas. This is a really fun and well-designed hat pattern that she's selling to benefit Heifer International. It might make you feel less guilty about adding to your pattern stash knowing that it's going to a good cause.

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    You know it's Monday, right? Have they really addled your brain that much? :)

    12/11/2006 4:15 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Theresa,
    I was telling a secretary I work with about making the triplets Christmas stockings made of felt. She had knit some for her family but had lost the instructions. She would like to make more but needs instructions. Would you (or any of your friends) have instructions for Christmas stockings with names on the top and a Santa knit right in?
    Thanks,
    Toni

    12/11/2006 5:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh dear. I had a sock-blocker keychain in mind to send you for Christmas this year...looks like you've discovered them for yourself just a bit too soon. Oh well, enjoy them! Aren't they fun?

    12/11/2006 6:19 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is some bright pink. Perfect for San Diego!

    Cute tiger hat! Good cause too.

    12/11/2006 7:05 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Those key chains are too cute! The washcloth is coming along nicely. You must have quite a stack of various cloths by now!

    That tiger hat pattern is adorable. I may have to buy the pattern. It's for charity, afterall. ;)

    12/13/2006 8:17 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the blooming washcloth -- you can never have too much pink.

    Please send some of that wonderful San Diego weather to the east coast!

    12/13/2006 2:10 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those keychains are adorable. I bet they are fun to make. I have made a few of the washcloths. I love the pattern. But, I just don't like working with the chenille. It was hard to move on my needles.

    12/14/2006 6:21 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home