Wednesday, December 20, 2006

  • Main Page
  • A Blogland Christmas Party

    At Christmas play and make good cheer,
    For Christmas comes but once a year.
    -Thomas Tusser, The Farmers' Daily Diet

    You've all gotten the idea by now that I'm, uh, a little into Christmas, right? It's definitely my favorite holiday, and irrespective of all the other fun, I've been enjoying reading all the Christmas-y blog posts out there. Here are a few of my favorite festive posts:
    And so that we have a photo, here's a stocking I made from the Christmas Stockings book - you know the one. I consider this one as a prototype, as it's made out of Sugar and Cream. Wouldn't a fabulous set in wool be great? Someday . . .

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Carole Knits said...

    The stocking is adorable!

    12/20/2006 5:44 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for the fun Christmas links! and I love your stocking!

    12/20/2006 5:46 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmmm... I have that book... and a couple stockings from it too!!!! The cotton version can be you San Diego stocking!

    12/20/2006 6:26 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Christmas is my favorite holiday too (and I'm part-Jewish!)... i think it's because I like tradition so much and Christmas is a tradition-rich holiday.

    I love the stocking -- it would so lovely in wool. My mom knit our Christmas stockings when we were babies. She should have followed the "short and fat" example of this stocking. Ours are long and skinny and hard to fill now that we're adults (lots of underwear and toothpaste!)

    12/20/2006 7:18 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Cute!

    12/20/2006 12:03 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for the party! Christmas is the most wonderful holiday. I've posted a little Christmas cheer at my blog today too. Merry Christmas!

    12/20/2006 12:51 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Such a sweet little stocking! And in Sugar and Cream cotton you can use it as a dishrag the rest of the year. :)

    12/26/2006 3:16 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home