Wednesday, March 01, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Charmingly Checkered

    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure . . . than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. -Theodore Roosevelt

    I am astonished and amazed at all the amazing comments on Am Kamin yesterday, and all your collective support for the Knitting Olympics. Thanks so much. While I would follow Lynda's advice and never take it off, I didn't want to wear it to the hospital.

    Yes, the hospital. Even 4th year medical students have to work occasionally, and I'm doing a fun month in the ER. It's great to be back seeing patients. It's less great to be working all night (check the timestamp - seriously).

    Between the ER swing shifts and my lack of any knitting motivation these days, we're going to take this week to revist all the projects I finished during pre-season training for the Knitting Olympics. One of these days, I might even update my photo galleries. In the meantime, here's a hat. You've seen it here before, but here are the specs:

    Checks and Charms Hat
    Pattern: Checks and Charms Hat and Mittens from KnitPicks
    Yarn: KnitPicks Merino Style in the Fog colorway presented. The youth size (20") made a hat and 3/4 of a mitten with one ball of the MC, and, of course, plenty of the CCs leftover.
    Needles: Addi Turbos US5, with some metal US5 dpns for the top
    Notes: we're going to talk about weird hems soon
    Best Thing About This Project: it's just too cute

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Chris said...

    It is very cute. Weird hems? Hmm?

    Good luck on your ER rotation. Those hours would have me gibbering like an idiot... oh wait... ;)

    3/01/2006 5:19 AM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    So cute! Now that I knit, I am so awestruck by fair isle. One of these days, I will join that club, too...

    3/01/2006 6:58 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Aw man, now that the Olympics are over you're going to have a parade of previously finished objects on your blog while my blog will have post after post of "still working on the reversible rib shawl." Not that it's a competition, of course. And I AM looking forward to seeing all your lovely knits. This hat is very cute -- are you going to make the matching mittens?

    3/01/2006 7:30 AM  
    Blogger DeeAnn said...

    Very cute hat, and Am Kamin turned out truely fabulous! That is my favorite cardigan and it looks wonderful on you. Congratulations on the gold and many cheers for Team College Hill. Your team spirit is enjoyable and admirable :)

    3/01/2006 9:27 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yow! What a schedule!

    Will this cause a serious crimp in production knitting? - lol!

    3/01/2006 9:29 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh love it! I'm going to bookmark that for the future

    3/01/2006 9:52 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have another blog buddy who knit that set (it has mittens right?) for the Olympics.

    Too cute!

    3/01/2006 10:50 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home