Friday, February 17, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Concentrate

    Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand.
    The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.
    -Alexander Graham Bell

    The absolute hardest part about The Knitting Olympics is the intense focus on a single project. I am usually a multiple-multiple-multiple project knitter. I'm finding a major advantage to the knitting monogamy - it's so easy to keep track of my charts and where I am and how many increases I have, etc. - but my hands are really starting to hurt. I am trying not to get distracted by other knitting issues, as you will note in this week's Knit-Along Update:

    The Knitting Olympics
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    The Ultimate Knitalong Challenge. Team College Hill has been performing fantastic feats of knitting athleticism. With 9 days remaining, this long weekend should prove crucial to their success.
    • Theresa's Am Kamin is coming along. Back done, sleeves (both) half done, front ribbing done.
    • Leah and Katja are knitting Ene's Scarf, and should tell us in the comments (hint, hint) how it's going.
    • Go here to see Rachel and her Tubey.
    Crossed in Translation
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    This is it - Am Kamin. The Knitting Olympics. See above.

    Stashalong
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Valentine's Day was our "free day" and all of my best intentions to ignore it and not buy yarn went out the window when a Super-Secret-Special-Sock project dropped itself in my lap. I bought some lovely sockyarn, and couldn't resist picking up Nancy Bush's Folk Knitting in Estonia while I was there. They had a mint condition copy, and this book is now out-of-print. Distractions . . .

    Count Your Socks
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Add yet another one to my tally! I finished my 91st pair of socks this week with the Gentleman's Fancy Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks for my dad's birthday. After the Olympics, I'm going to start the Nancy Bush fan club. After the Olympics. After the Olympics.

    It's Not A Gift
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    Am Kamin is my size. It's for me. All Olympics, all the time. Focus. Focus.

    Knit the Classics
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Reading: February's book is Marge Piercy, Woman On the Edge of Time. I have a copy. That's it. Concentrate.
    Knitting: This book is all about insanity. Am Kamin is driving me insane.

    Sockapaloooza
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    Have yarn. Have pattern. After the Olympics. After the Olympics . . .

    With that, we return to our regularly scheduled Olympic broadcasting. 9 days, 5 hours, and some minutes remaining. Focus. Focus. Focus.

    Citius, altius, fortius!

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Chris said...

    Hmm, for some reason I have the impression that the Knitting Olympics are driving you insane... Hang in there!! Go Team College Hill!!

    2/17/2006 7:25 AM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    Sounds like you need a bit of rest and recreation. Girl, we don't want any injuries, both the physical and mental sort.

    2/17/2006 12:39 PM  
    Blogger Turtle said...

    You could think that you are different projects at once while doing this sweater, because you are doing it for like 3 kal's! it may not convince your hands, but maybe your head'll believe it!:)

    2/17/2006 2:00 PM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    Hi Theresa! I'm so impressed at the nimbleness of your hands! I could never crank out a sweater that fast!!!! I'm so impressed. I'm curious about the xed in translation pattern. I thought about ordering it but I'm scared because the pattern is in japanese. how much trouble did you have with the pattern? I think I remember you writing about making some adjustments... how hard is it? does the pattern come with a chart?

    I can't wait to see the finished product!

    2/18/2006 8:46 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home