Tuesday, December 26, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Well Received

    The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree:
    the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
    -Burton Hillis

    All the Christmas gifts were well-received and the handknit gifts can now be discussed on the blog. . . . Unfortunately, I neglected to take photos of all of them in my rush to get them in the mail. (So Dad, this serves as your reminder to send the modeled photos along.)

    In no particular order, I made
    • Trekking Socks for my dad. See how much he loves Handknit Socks?
    • Fetching for my mom. She also loves handknits. (Blogged here for holiday secrets.)
    • Facecloths (with complimentary soaps) for the beau's family - 3 linen, 2 cotton, and 1 chenille - the beau's eight-year-old neice loved the reverse bloom washcloth
    • A hat and scarf set for my uncle
    • A scarf for my cousin (who made the ornament to the right - how cute, even a little scarred from the move)
    The knitted gifts were well-received, but several things were even better:
    • Meeting the beau's whole family. Speaking of being well-received . . .
    • The ornament to the right - it's gorgeous, unique (made from ashes from the Mt. St. Helen's explosion in 1980), and sentimental (Kate D's mom gave it to me last Christmas)
    • And the best surprise? My brother and my beau collaborated for several weeks on a video conference call between me and my family on Christmas. I don't know who was more surprised - my mom or me - but it was great. I even got to say hi to the dog! Definitely the next best thing to being home for Christmas.
    I hope all your handknit gifts were just as well-received. If you're now itching to knit for yourself, check out Jen's It's Not a Gift 2.0 Knitalong. Should be a great time.

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    I'm so glad to hear that your gifts were well received - some of mine are still stuck somewhere due to all the snow in Denver! That ornament is gorgeous!
    Sounds like a very merry Christmas - I'm glad you got to "see" your mom too - how neat!
    Thanks for the knitalong shoutout!

    12/26/2006 6:55 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like a terrific Christmas! I am truly impressed by the number of handknits you managed to crank out given your crazy schedule these past six months.

    Glad to hear that things with the beau's family went well. Your post was a bit ambiguous, but I hope you were well received by them and they were well-received by you in equal measure.

    12/26/2006 7:09 PM  
    Blogger Carole Knits said...

    I'm happy that your gifts were well received. It must have been overwhelming to meet the beau's family!

    12/27/2006 6:09 AM  
    Blogger Lori said...

    The conference call sounds like one of the best gifts ever! Glad everyone appreciated the knitting...
    I've tagged you for a meme; if you'd like to participate, check on my blog for details...

    12/27/2006 1:31 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like you had a great time! Happy Holidays!

    12/27/2006 2:48 PM  
    Blogger Elizabeth said...

    I love the glass ornament - it's such a beautiful color of red. The It's not a gift KAL sounds like a great idea, since I've already started.

    Time for socks for me!

    12/27/2006 3:55 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your beau sounds wonderful! I didn't know they made red(!) glass from Mt. St. Helen's ash. I have some synthetic emeralds made from the ash - gave them as bridesmaids gifts at my wedding.

    kimberly_nico at yahoo dot com.

    1/02/2007 4:46 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home