Sunday, June 18, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Photography Not Allowed

    Photography is not allowed aboard Naval Medical Center San Diego without express permission from the command.
    Pursuant to NAVINST xx.xx.
    -Sign aboard NMCSD

    The Amazing Lace Challenge #2

    Once again, I refer you to just how much work it can be to administer a knitalong with 450+ people in it. Then I acknowledge that lately, Rachel has been doing the lion's share as I moved cross-country and had limited email access. It'll all come back in spades next week when she goes jaunting around Europe, I'm sure. So those are my excuses for getting my challenge entry in just under the wire. And now to explain the entry . . .

    I had all sorts of great ideas. I'm working daily a beautiful hospital built into the walls of a canyon with fabulous views of the bay, the city, and the sunrise. It has a pool, all sorts of sports facilities, lots of clueless interns running around in Navy uniforms, and all sorts of dangerous medical supplies. The possibilities were endless. Or nearly endless.

    Until I saw the sign. No photography allowed aboard NMCSD. What's a knitter to do?

    I returned to my faithful trusty companion: Felix. Felix would help me out. Felix loves being on the blog. (And he's really pleased with all the compliments he gets, online and in person. I haven't bought gas in SD yet without someone commenting on my car.) What Felix really doesn't love, however, is when I put things on his roof in order to find my keys, free up a hand, etc. Usually I put coffee there. Only once have I then driven off with the coffee still there. Only once, but Felix is rather intelligent. He remembers. And today he starting blinking a warning when I placed my knitting on the roof. Felix really doesn't want my knitting blowing in the wind, nor does he want to accidentally run over it. X-tremely upsetting for Felix. The knitting in question is the Saucy Lace Aran tank, for those of you keeping track. The back is finished, and I was zipping along the front at my first-ever San Diego knitting group yesterday. Good company. Good times. I like knitters.
    The

    10 Comments:

    Blogger Carrie K said...

    Felix will get used to it.

    No photos? I can understand it, but bummer. Just the pix of the clueless interns with dangerous medical supplies would make a nice series. (kidding!)

    The front of the tank is coming along nicely. I think. Felix, stop fidgeting.

    6/18/2006 4:10 PM  
    Blogger Kris said...

    The posibilites are endless at a hospital right when all of the new interns and students start. (Ask me how I know this - dh takes Step 1 on Thursday and starts on July 1 - BLECH)

    6/18/2006 5:16 PM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    You're training Felix well - or is the other way round?

    6/18/2006 6:04 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Do you guys wear your uniforms instead of white coats, etc? I hope you have awesome scrubs that say something cool on the butt!

    6/18/2006 6:18 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm assuming Felix doesn't actually warn you when something's on the roof, right? Because that would be an awesome feature for a car. Excuse me, and X-tremely awesome feature.

    6/18/2006 6:21 PM  
    Blogger knitzalot said...

    Great to meet you yesterday! Hope to see you again soon.

    6/18/2006 7:47 PM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Think of the coffee that would be saved if cars had that feature!

    6/18/2006 8:33 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Why don't we ever get compliments on our Hyundai? We just had the body work done, too, so it's all shiny and pretty. I knew we should have gone for the blue flames!

    The tank looks beautiful! I hope to see it in person soon. :)

    6/19/2006 8:08 AM  
    Blogger ICJ said...

    You seem to be working in a wonderful place! I am sure your faithful Felix will get use to it! :)

    6/19/2006 8:19 AM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    No photos? Surely, your knitting represents a terrorist threat! :-)

    I'm glad you're settling in well and have found a group of knitters already! The work environment sounds absolutely wonderful!

    6/19/2006 10:22 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home